Pirate Cruises at Resort Hotels

moret1sm

safari_girl
I've been reading into the pirate cruises for 4-12 year olds. I see that it is offered at a few resorts like Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, and Beach Club. Does anyone have experience with these and recommend one over another?

This used to be my job when I worked at the Grand Floridian so I can say that the kids really seemed to enjoy them- and I think parents probably enjoyed an adults only breakfast together. Can't compare them since I only did the Grand Floridian one!

My DD (9) did the Pirates Cruise from Beach Club/Yacht Club last June and she enjoyed it. There was a decent mix of ages and boys and girls. They give them a little snack and a pirates bag of goodies, she still has it. All of the kids seemed to have a good time.

My DS did the pirate cruise from YC/BC last summer when he was just shy of 5 years old. He LOVED it! It was adorable. They got pirate goody bags and went on an adventure at the different "ports" around the lake and I got 2 hours to shop! We haven't done the one at GF or CBR, but I imagine they are all similar. We would definitely do it again. Just make sure you slather your child with sunscreen as only certain parts of the boat provided shade. I don't know if it would appeal to a 10-12 year old. It seemed to skew a bit younger - most of the children on my son's cruise were 4 - 8 years old.

We are signed up to do the Albatross Cruise at BC. I asked a bit about it before booking and received several responses that this was a favorite. And I think it's really cool that they get out in the World Showcase before it opens. One note though when I booked for this May the CM told me they are no longer giving a snack. I had asked because my DS has food allergies but she said as of that point there was no snack and told me to double check when we go.

My girls did the Pirate Cruise at CBR a few months ago, and they loved it! The "tour guides" were fantastic with the kids.

This is all great to know!!!! Thank you. My son is 4 will be almost 5 by our vacation, and I was worried he was too young. I appreciate all the info :)

Do these normally get filled up? Would we be able to walk to the dock and sign them up without reservations?

My son did the one at BC last September (right before he turned 6) and it was one of his favorite things he did on the trip. He still talks about it to this day. (More so than the MNSSHP)

Looking into the GF one this time around...where do they go/stop along the way?

I was curious about these pirate cruises too. How much does this cost and do you have to be staying at one of those resorts to participate?

I was curious about these pirate cruises too. How much does this cost and do you have to be staying at one of those resorts to participate?

No, you don't have to be staying at those resorts to book the cruise. My TA just priced it out for me, and it was $36.21 per kid. I think it's the same price no matter which one you do.

My son and I are staying at CBR 10/20-10/25. I just tried to sign him up for the Pirate Cruise there on 10/22 and 10/25 and both are full. Has anyone has any success with signing their child up the day of due to cancellations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter