Pirate Cruise at the Yacht Club (Albatross Cruise)

summerrluvv

<font color=darkorchid>Work Hard. Have Fun.<br><f
Has anyone's child went on it recently? How did they like it? Do they still give out a Mickey Ears bandana?

Haven't been on it. Have read decent reviews. Just booked for my 9,6,4 yr holds for Labor Day. They're really looking forward to it.

We did this last June. They give the kids a black bandana with a design on it. I can't recall what was on it but I don't think Mickey.

My younger son enjoyed it more, they were 6 and 9. I asked if he wanted to do it again, and he said no since they got lost last time!! Obviously that was part of the show but he didn't realize it.

I'm glad they did it once.

My son did this last year at 4 years old. He got a pirate bandana (he got to choose from 3 or 4 designs) and a bag of loot. He absolutely loved it and I'm considering signing him up again this year.

My DD 5 and DS 7 did the pirate cruise from the Grand Floridian last October, really liked it that they got to do their own thing, but they were pretty exhausted (it was hot). There were maybe 20 kids onboard with them? We liked the GF version because they got to visit the Poly and Bay Lake area resorts as part of their adventure. They got a pirate/mickey bandana, eye patch, a plastic sword (I think?), and a little treasure chest to keep. I took the time to have a spa treatment, then rendezvous at the pick up, while DH did actual the drop off/pick up. I then took the kids on the monorail for a ride and grabbed lunch at the Contempo Cafe while he enjoyed a massage. Not the Albatross cruise, but I think they are all pretty much the same general concept. We were staying at CSR/POR, so you don't have to be staying at the resort where the pirate cruise departs from.

My (then) 4 and 7 yo DDs did the cruise in December. The bandannas didn't have Mickey on them, but they both loved it. They got to go into the World Showcase before it was open and sneak around the Canada pavillion.

we're doing the one at the grand floridian in june so i'm interested in reading these responses as well. anyone will little kids (our son turns 5 a few weeks after our trip) have their kids do one of these and like it? I really get nervous at the idea of these activities where he goes off by himself. luckily in june he's got my cousin's kids with him but as an only child he would typically be solo.

My nine and seven year old daughters did this one last month and they loved it even more than the one they went on in 2012 from POR. Granted our last two trips were in February and December so everything was slower but FWIW, each cruise had seven kids and both times the bandanas were the same pirate themed ones without Mickey.

Everything was top notched with the exception that the pontoon boat got stuck one time that they attempted to make a “treasure stop” near the bridge by the Atlantic Dance Hall. It supposedly took them about ten minutes and the help of the two castmembers working at the marina to get them going.

Thanks everyone. My son did the GF one several times before he aged out of it. He loved it, and the lake is wide open there, so I figured it might be a little different than YC. We are actually staying at the YC, and if we weren't, it wouldn't be my first choice, but I think we'll give it a whirl! Oh, and In the past the bandana was striped with 2 Mickey ears sticking up off of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter