Pins on Planes

sydally9367

<font color=red>Go Red Sox!!!!!<br><font color=ind
After watching the news tonight and seeing the list of items you are no longer allowed to bring on planes (ie scissors,tweezers,razors,hairspray) I was wondering if I will able to bring my pin collection on the plane in December ? Has anyone heard anything about this or have any information? Thanks!!!!!!

I will be waiting to hear if anyone else has trouble. Everytime I go through security they do have to check my bag that I carry my pins in. I don't mind having them check my bag, even though I do get some strange looks. I just hope they don't have a problem with them after seeing what they are. I really don't want to put my pins in my check in luggage.

I think it may depend. My dear friends just flew back yesterday from their Alaska cruise.
My friend said anything questionable, she did not pack in her carry on. The person inspecting their luggage did not take as much time searching as some of the other security people.
Her friend, who was in the lane next to her, did not take extra precaution in packing. They confiscated a rat tail comb, nail scissors and a compact mirror.
I don't know how a pin could be used as a weapon, but you never know how it may be viewed.
I am wondering if shipping them insured/registered to yourself at the resort may be a better way to go.
Our WDW trip isn't until January, so I will have to see what everyone else's experiences are!;)

My friend flew back from WDW yesterday evening, she had purchased many pins so I am anxious to know what the situation was at the airports and what if any is confiscated.

Wow, they are taking things that we use everyday (tweezers, hairspray, etc.), guess on my next trip I will be walking around with fly away hair and long finger nails. Yuk.

We flew in yesterday from San Diego with many pins bought & traded for in Disneyland. Although they opened our carry-ons to look, the pins were no problem to take on the plane

My friend alwats over packs on trips. And anything she thought might be questionable, she did not have in her carry on. I am sure they searched their luggage, but nothing was removed from her. SHe just took extra precautions to pack.
And the items removed from her friend was all from her carry on, not her checked luggage.

I am going next week and glad someone started this thread, as it was going thru my mind. While I am not a big Disney pin trader, I do have some pins ready to take with me. I think I will be leaving them in the boxes/packaging and decide where they cshould be packed. I am planning on taking a small box in my suitcase to ship purchases home, if need be.

I just got my tickets from Southwest and they said that bringing my pins was okay.

That is good news.

I do have a Swiss Army pocket knife in my keyholder that I have always had the unpredictable need to use here and there, in the last 10 years. Being a practical, "outdoorsy" type woman, that's something I'll really miss if I can't carry with me wherever I go!

Wanda

I have one of those tiny swiss army knives on my key ring. I use the tiny scissor for cutting all sorts of things: Ends of yarn when I'm knitting or crocheting, tags off of clothes, sealed cellophane packages, etc. The two knife blades are barely more than 1.5 inches long and are so dull they couldn't cut anything -- I know, because I've tried!

I guess I could detach it and leave it in my checked luggage.

take the knives off your keychains. Knives have security really worried. I am NOT going to guarantee they would even find your tiny knives, but if they do they will take it away and proceed to do a detail search of all of your other stuff that could take a while!

This is going to be funny. John always goes fishing down in disney. I can just see him now trying to bite his line instead of using a knife.

Hehehe, Shirley...

I just can't imagine life without my Swiss Army pocket knife either. I do keep mine shapened all the time, however. You name it, it came in handy everytime!

Oh well, no biggie. If leaving it in CT helps keep the nation safe, I'l throw in the plastic toothpick too.

Wanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter