Pinocchio

NolanMKT

Earning My Ears
Hi! With the release of Pinocchio on DVD, my daughter has become obsessed with him. Way back in the 90s when we used to do Disney all of the time, I remember seeing Pinocchio around the park a lot.

Does anyone know if he does/will do meet and greets these days? And if so, where?

Thank you!

He is occasionally at the character training in Epcot either next to America or between Canada/UK. But it's luck of the draw who actually comes out. He was there yesterday I believe.

Kenny the Pirate's site has the most up to date info.

There is more of a Pinocchio presence at Disneyland. They have the classic dark ride Pinocchio's Daring Journey, plus the Storybook Land CAnal Boats which brings you through Monstro's mouth. I don't know if he meets there though.

I have been tempted to get that Pinocchio Signature Edition Bluray. I got the Snow White one. It's 25 bucks though. Disney prices are high because they know they can get it, but I may wait for a sale.

Aside from festival of fantasy I've only ever seen him out in recent years during a rundisney race

I have been tempted to get that Pinocchio Signature Edition Bluray

Brian do you know what the difference in content is between the original blu-ray and the Sig. Ed.? I have the first blu-ray edition and it's excellent.

Brian do you know what the difference in content is between the original blu-ray and the Sig. Ed.? I have the first blu-ray edition and it's excellent.

I didn't know offhand, but from an Amazon review:

"There is a new “music video” for the song “When You Wish Upon a Star” with three “tween stars” I’m not familiar with. This takes 3 minutes and there is a 3-minute “making of the video” piece...Then there is a 6-7 minute piece using the story boards for the “Pleasure Island” scene that shows ideas that were not used. Next we have audio of a short interview that Disney gave about the film. The last new “bonus” is a 3-minute Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoon recently discovered. It was directed by Disney himself. It appears there is a new piano score and the ‘tune isn’t that funny. Now there are hours of additional bonuses but these were on earlier releases. They are now called “Classic” bonuses."

@pitpat @BrianL @1lilspark Thank you! I guess it really is luck…we'll be wishing on a star the night before Hollywood Studios, for sure! I also forgot he was in the parade, we'll be sure to get close the days we're in the Magic Kingdom.

@pitpat Thank you for the Kenny the Pirate info…I just signed up..it looks like it will be a huge help finding characters!

Last time I was at 1900 for brunch it was Alice, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger. I've never seen Pinocchio at 1900.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter