Pinkerbell's TR-5/18/09-WP-Whitehall Room-Sago Cay Point *More Wedding Pictures*

Hi!! The first BM dress is gorgeous!!!!

My wedding dress was by Justin Alexander too!!!

Yeah, I think I like the first one as well, maybe I'll go with all three in that style!!!!

Lynn5700 I had noticed before how pretty your dress was, I just like all the Justin Alexander ones!!! And I LOVE your flowers!!! I want mine exactly the same but in yellow, I just think they are gorgeous!!!!!

Yeah, I think I like the first one as well, maybe I'll go with all three in that style!!!!

Sounds great - the good thing about those dresses is that they'll look good on more or less everyone, no matter the shape or size etc!

Kayleigh

Some other bits I've seen whilst browsing here and on the internet.
double-heart-place-card-holders_2229_r.jpg

I really like these for place name holders. Does anyone know if Disney charge for bringing in your own things for the table? I'm gonna let them do the centerpieces and the petals and stuff, I just wanted to be able to buy a few things myself.

Or maybe these...
fairy-tale-place-card-holders.jpg

I've seen these on a few other peoples PJ, they are so pretty and perfect for Disney I think!

I also wanted some of these sprinkled around the petals, just to make it extra sparkly!
_wsb_358x268_Swar+Diamonds.jpg

I really like Lyne5700's bouquet, so I think I'm gonna have one like that but in yellow with some crystals added.
yellow-rose-bouquet.jpg

Sort of like this but MUCH bigger!!!!

:sad1: Im just stressing at the mo *** I'm just finishing uni in a few weeks and trying to get a job, the only problem is, the job situation is looking quite poor at the mo and I may only be able to get part time hours, so this means ALOT of saving for the wedding!!
Does anyone have any tips on saving money and staying close to the minimum?
I'm also worried about a convention taking my date!!! How often doe sthis happen, it's been on my mind since I 'tentatively' booked! :sad2: What happens if it does, do I just pick another reception venue?

Does anyone have any tips on saving money and staying close to the minimum?

- some banks have a 'save the change' system where, if you buy something on your card for £5.75 (or whatever price) they round it up to the nearest pound and put that in a saving account :thumbsup2
- get an isa account and earn interest whilst you save - nationwide have good isa's and saving accounts, but you might need to have a current account with them (even if you don't use it much)
- save up all your loose change...empty your purse of loose change every couple of days...it soon adds up!
- take advantage of buy one get one free etc!
- join up to points earning sites such as ipoints and toluna and receive gift certificates etc such as amazon vouchers
- enter competitions in magazines such as take a break and chat!! you never know...could win something!
- buy store own brands instead of top brands
- direct debit a set amount of money each month into a saving account, even if its only £50...something is better than nothing :thumbsup2

- do things like invitations etc yourself. we were going to buy ours, and with extras like placecards, save the dates etc, it would have come to over £1500 for the ones we wanted. Now we've decided to make our own and its coming in well under that for a larger quantity
- buy things on ebay etc instead of bridal stores where the prices are sometimmes ridiculous!

Im just stressing at the mo *** I'm just finishing uni in a few weeks and trying to get a job, the only problem is, the job situation is looking quite poor at the mo and I may only be able to get part time hours, so this means ALOT of saving for the wedding!!

I know the feeling = :scared1: Firstly, congratulations on finishing uni! I'm going in September...the amount of debt I'll be in by the time I'm 26/27 (when I'll be qualified as a lawyer) is freaking me out. I have no idea how I'm going to save up for our wedding. I'll only be able to get part time hours whilst I'm studying.
Something will come along. Keep scouring the papers, or go on jobcentreplus and see if you can find anything there.
Maybe if you have a talent, such as playing an instrument etc, you could teach? I'm a genealogist, and am getting paid for researching other people's family trees. It's just an idea :thumbsup2

Oh, and I LOVE the bouquet - it'll look beautiful. The sparkle is great, as are the placecards - I've seen those, they're fantastic for a disney wedding!

:wizard:

Kayleigh, you are so logical and helpful!!!!

I am just in the process of opening an isa to save money for the wedding, and hopefully we'll be getting help with most of it.

I just got an email from my coordinator about the magic kingdom phoot session with a phone number on to arrange it so gonna be doing that later. Its so exciting!!!

Kayleigh, you are so logical and helpful!!!!

Anything to help a dis-bride...especially a UK one!

I am just in the process of opening an isa to save money for the wedding, and hopefully we'll be getting help with most of it.

ISA's are great. I know that with a couple of banks you can earn 5%, even 6%. If you saved £3,600 (the maximum...or is it £3,700) in a year, then 5% is an extra £180 you didn't have! And even more if you both get one! That'll pay for plenty of little things! :thumbsup2

I just got an email from my coordinator about the magic kingdom phoot session with a phone number on to arrange it so gonna be doing that later. Its so exciting!!!

Thats great!! I think I'm gonna do an Epcot photo session :lovestruc

Wow! You're right! We do have a lot of the same things picked out. :) We have similar taste. I love your ring. I wanted a solitaire ring but he got me something different (I still love it of course). BTW, that dress is stunning! I can't wait to see it on you!! ;)

Hi all

I've not updated in a week, been job stressing instead of wedding planning! :sad1: But I have had chance to lull over a few ideas.

I've decided I want flower centerpieces now instead of cylinder ones (think I want more of a summery wedding) so I've picked out these for inspiration
heinzhall2.jpg

But with more ivory colored roses.

I still can't decide whether to go with the Magic Kingdom portrait session, I just dunno if it's really worth the money? :confused: I think they look great, but I just keep thinking of other things I can spend the money on.

So, I don't 'officially' have to sort out my room block yet but I just wanted to start the ball rolling so I picked the hotels I'm gonna chose - Grand Floridian (where us and probably most of the guests will be staying), maybe the Polynesian ( DF parents want to stay here), Port Orleans and All Star Sports. Since I've never stayed on Disney property I have absolutely no idea what any of these hotels are like, but I think these look really nice, what do you guys think?

E.T.A. How far are each of these resorts from the Grand Floridian, and can you get a taxi?

I've only ever stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and...I love it! The pool is great, the grounds are peaceful, you can enjoy a lovely boat ride to Riverside (or you can walk) or to Downtown Disney and its not too big :thumbsup2

Love the centrepieces - they'd look fantastic with yellow roses!

You could look at a map of Walt Disney World maybe, one where it shows where all the hotels are, to see how far etc they are? You could get a taxi, or you could use the bus system (might take a while) or monorail where there is one...

For my room blocks, I'm thinking of POFQ, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Pop Century :thumbsup2

I fancy the polynesian too, but you don't get 30% discount so it actually works out more than the gf. Think I'm still gonna use it tho *** DF's mum has her heart set on it.

I'm nearly exactly 9 months out now so I should be starting things very soon, I;m getting very impatient! :hourglass

And I've just been offered a full time job when I finish uni :yay: so thats it, mega expensive wedding here I come! Although I'm sure DF doesn't see it like that! :confused3 :lmao:

Great ideas so far!! Beautiful dress! Can't wait to hear more details. Have you seen Caryndisneydiva's PJ? She had the most beautiful yellow rose bouquet. Her pic is in the flora thread.

Great ideas so far!! Beautiful dress! Can't wait to hear more details. Have you seen Caryndisneydiva's PJ? She had the most beautiful yellow rose bouquet. Her pic is in the flora thread.

Yeah I have seen it, I think its gorgeous and its so big! I might have to 'borrow' the for inspiration if she doesn't mind!

Hi guys

I really need help with my bm dresses, I let them pick and they all wanted similar ones. I just wanted your opinion on how well they went together.

bridesmaid%20morilee.jpg

This is my moh dress
8665Z_D.jpg

8305Z_8307Z_D.jpg

and these are the bms (its the shorter one)

The bm will be in yellow with ivory sashes and the moh in ivory with a yellow sash, what do you think?

They'll look great together and I like the idea of having them the same colour with the MOH's being opposite! :goodvibes

Hi

So I can't really do any planning until the 8 month mark, seeing as everything is going to be done by Disney. I'm not even having invites as a way to save money (my dress was VERY over budget!). I'm just getting very excited about being asked for room block info and stuff, as that shouldn't be too long. I know some brides have been asked before this point, but I dunno :confused3 I guess every coordinator works differently!

So, so far I have Randy Chapman booked, Officiant booked but not paid yet, and beaute speciale booked. As well as the flights and villa.

This is how I'm hoping the day will go

4:45pm - Arrive at wedding pavilion
5:00pm - Get married - Wooo Hoooo
6-6:30pm - Photo's with everyone
6:30pm - Pre reception/our photo's
7:30pm - Buffet/plated meal) still undecided
9:00pm - Dancing the night away til midnight hopefully!

What do you guys think? Are the times about right?
I am hoping to watch wishes as well from the patio, but I dunno what time its on in May.

So does anyone have any opinions on whether a buffett or plated meal would be best? I'm leaning more towards a buffet, as I think there would be more choice.

Hi guys

I really need help with my bm dresses, I let them pick and they all wanted similar ones. I just wanted your opinion on how well they went together.

I think they all look very nice together. They are similiar enough that it won't look like they just grabbed something out of their closet. Of course, I had my girls pick whatever they want too!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter