Pin Trading

My family are all avid pin traders and have been for almost 4 years. We have one of the largest pin trading groups outside of the parks in New Jersey called the CJDPT - Central Jersey Disney Pin Traders.

We have traded at home, in the parks, and on the ship and honestly the amount of pin trading on the ship can be "hit or miss" It really depends on the amount of pin traders on your cruise, but we have experienced only a handful of traders the few time we have gone.

If you really want to hit the DCL pin trading jackpot go on the Wonder from Nov 13 - 17. There will easily be over 500 traders on this years pin trading cruise called Stitch's High Sea Adventure.

Depending on when you cruise there can be some cool pin releases so buy what you can and get a couple extra since DCL pins make good traders. The pin cart comes out every night at 7:30 so get in line for the special releases (the rest can be purchased at Mickey Mates) and if your lucky you may find some fellow traders.

Happy Pin Trading

Just so you know. I read in the new DCL Passporter Guide that now for health reasons cast members can no longer trade with guests on the ship.

You can still trade with others though.

I found pin trading on DCL much less intense than trading at WDW. Just a cart and a pin trading book out in the evening. The last might of our cruise the captain and staff attended pin trading and were signing their pins.

Jen :shamrock:

rotary2808 said:
Just so you know. I read in the new DCL Passporter Guide that now for health reasons cast members can no longer trade with guests on the ship.

That is a shame since the Cast Members that are avid pin traders usually have the best collection (source) of hard to get DCL pins on the ship.

That must have been written during the flu season when trading with CMs was stopped. It has been going on again since the season ended and several people have posted about it. The kids are looking forward to it on our next cruise again. We just picked up new lanyards for them at WDW.

lbgraves said:
That must have been written during the flu season when trading with CMs was stopped. It has been going on again since the season ended and several people have posted about it. The kids are looking forward to it on our next cruise again. We just picked up new lanyards for them at WDW.

Excellent news Lisa. Thanks!

FYI: Mom just finished getting off the boat about 2 weeks ago and said that the cast members were trading again and that there were atleast 3 nights where they had pin trading, and even the captain came out to sign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter