Pin Trading

robind

DIS Veteran
Do they pin trade at the parks in Tokyo? If so are there any rules of etiquette to follow and do they trade for pins from the US?

They do not pin trade in Tokyo Disney. I was there last week. You can buy pins in the park and trade them when you get home.

They used to Pin trade in Tokyo Disney. You can get cheaper official pins in the Disney stores around Japan. Also, in the parks the characters also don't give autographs. We where just there last week. The parks are AMAZING!!!

Thanks for the info - I'll leave my trading pins at home. I know I will be buying quite a few, I know lots of collectors.

also, in Tokyo Sea and play the arcade games. they cost 500 yen. The consolation prize is a pin. I was not happy when my daughter won a game! I got a cute Angel (stitches girlfriend??) pin there. There aren't too many limited edition pins in the park. There are some less expensive Monster Inc pins there. Also the backs of the pins are just metal backings - so you will probably want to replace them with the mickey backings when you trade them in the US. I know there are some pins over there that some of the folks in the US are looking for. I found some limited edition pins in the Disney stores outside the park. There is one Disney store in the mall that is near the train station on the way into Tokyo Disney. It has different pins.

Have a great time, we loved it!

Also, in the parks the characters also don't give autographs.

This is not completely true. There are some times when the characters won't give autographs but I've seen Alice and the Hatter giving autographs when they come out and greet people by the mad tea cups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter