Pin Trading to end in Tokyo Feb 28th?

ckocot

Earning My Ears
Visiting Tokyo Disney website to do some dream vacation planning and noticed the message that pin trading was to end Feb. 28th. Does this mean no more pins? Will it happen here? Anyone know why? thanks

One of my trading buddies just returned from there. He said pin trading is completely over at Tokyo Disney Resort. They still sell a few pins, but not much! And no CM had a lanyard. Not any!
He added that if you start asking about pins you first have to find someone who speaks english or you better speak japanese.
He really enjoyed his trip. But don't figure on it being a pin vacation anymore. ;)
And from what I read, pin trading was literally over taking the park. That's why TDL ended it. It was done with a little too much enthusiam evidently. ;)

.. rumor has it that people were getting carried away with trading (imagine that!) and it was getting in the way of folks enjoying the parks... its a shame, because they had some great pins.. I really would like to hear from someone who knows first hand, and hearing from a cast member there would be great!

I don't think we have to worry about that happening here.. most of the trading nights are well organized in co-ordination with disney mgmt. and disney now has monthly pin events. They have really gone out of their way to facilitate trading in the parks here, providing knowledgeable staff, and areas for folks to trade, it doesn't really interfere with others in the park. (not to mention they are probably making a ton of $$ ;-)

I think some of the Disney stores in Japan will still be selling pins, and many folks use pinpics to trade for japanese pins. hope that helps!

--heather

From what I read, before the pin trade ban, there would be dozens of people surrounding the carts. They would each spread out a sheet and lay their trades out.
I think once that got in the way, then they were allowed one bag or lanyard. And apparently that didn't work out well either.
But I'm not first hand info. ;)
There was a lot posted about this on the Dizpins Boards back when it was happening last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter