Pin trading or autograph books

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by emmababy, Dec 1, 2018.

1. emmababy

emmababy DIS Veteran

my kids are 12,10,10,8,8. This is our Christmas present. We have always done autograph books but I wonder with this age if they will like pin trading Instead. I have been buying pins for them since they were born but never did the trading. Should we do both or just pin trading? Where is best place to buy lanyards?

2. MantaRider

MantaRider Earning My Ears

If you are just starting up, try the Character Warehouse in Orlando. It's a Disney Parks outlet and they almost always have the pin trading starting kit lanyards there for about $10. You are going to want to go right when they open because there's a line every morning and the good stuff goes fast

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. emmababy

emmababy DIS Veteran

Ok thank you! Do you think I should get them autograph books to or just take pictures?

5. MantaRider

MantaRider Earning My Ears

Depends on a few things, like the prices of the actual stuff when you get there (they have 2018 autograph books right now) and if the kids really like it? I think for ours we'll do the full autograph books once when he's old enough, and just pictures after that, unless he really wants it

6. emmababy

emmababy DIS Veteran

I think the little kids would Still enjoy but 5 autograph books is a lot to handle and we aren’t doing a ton of character meals this trip. I just can’t decide. I can always let them buy them there lol

7. LynnTH

LynnTH DIS Veteran

I would try the pin trading. My kids loved doing that when they were younger. I would buy a bunch of pins in ebay before we left. Didn't care what characters they were as they were going to trade them anyway. Each time my kids would pick a theme or a set they were interested in and try and get as many pins as they could. They loved going up to the Cast Members and seeing what they had and trading.

8. leahgoogle

leahgoogle Mouseketeer

My 11 and 8 year old still liked to get autographs and both of them loved pin trading too! I got their lanyards off of eBay.