Pin Trading in DL

Are you talking about Cast Members trading with park goers or park goers trading with park goers? If it's Cast members then yes, most cast members have lanyards you can trade from, and pin boards inside most stores.

If you're talking about park goers I don't think it's as big as it used to be. There used to be people posted up outside all the pin stores inside the parks with binders and binders of pins. But then I heard they told people they couldn't do that anymore, and I didn't see any more people with their binders much anymore.

Then a couple weeks ago outside the Frontierland pin store there were like 4 people on the tables with their binders of pins and people were looking through them all like old times. Maybe it was a "pin trading night"? I know they sometimes schedule these...

Are you talking about Cast Members trading with park goers or park goers trading with park goers? If it's Cast members then yes, most cast members have lanyards you can trade from, and pin boards inside most stores.

If you're talking about park goers I don't think it's as big as it used to be. There used to be people posted up outside all the pin stores inside the parks with binders and binders of pins. But then I heard they told people they couldn't do that anymore, and I didn't see any more people with their binders much anymore.

Then a couple weeks ago outside the Frontierland pin store there were like 4 people on the tables with their binders of pins and people were looking through them all like old times. Maybe it was a "pin trading night"? I know they sometimes schedule these...

I meant trading with CMs. The "professional" traders seem a little slimy to me. I'm glad to hear CM trading is popular! Thanks for the info!

I was there last August, a good number of CMs had either the hip lanyard or a lanyard, like Rabb it said, and also like Rabb it a lot of the stores had it, ask at the stores if you are ooking to trade! They had pin plushes in the stores on Buena Vista Street, the ones on the left side of the street if you're walking in. It's worth checking in almost all the stores in the parks, and the big store in Downtown Disney had multiple boards or plushes, I think each section of the store had their own board or plush. There wasn't a ton of variety from one board to another but there were some really cool ones to be found!

As others have said, there is still plenty of pin trading opportunities with CMs with DLR. I've found that the number of CMs wearing lanyards kind of ebbs and flows, with fewer CMs wearing them during really busy times of the year. As mentioned, be sure to check out the register areas in all of the stores...many will have pin "boards" that you can trade with (the most common is the Mickey-head board, but I've also seen plushes wearing lanyards, a traffic cone in Carsland, a wheel in Frontierland, etc.). I've had the best luck early in the morning (I think some of the boards get refreshed during the night). Sometimes there is a row of management CMs wearing lanyards on Main Street when the park first opens (they often have some pretty good pins first thing in the morning).

I agree with Figment above. Early morning the management cast members do have great pins. They do appear to refresh pin boards frequently in Frontierland.
It seemed that the general cast members actually enjoy pin trading in DL/CA rather than it being a chore like DW employees make it.

Got a few cool trades from the boards in stores... Some of them were hidden though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter