Pin trade themes?

ArvisoCa6

Father of 5 beautiful girls, Husband to 1 beautifu
Hello all! I am a Pin trader, not a EXPERT by any means. I do it for fun. I have sturggled with creating an actual THEME for my collection. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions. Some of the ideas I have toyed with are,
  1. Favorite rides
  2. favorite characters
  3. favorite movies

the one I am currently thinking of is a variation of the Movies one. I was going to try and collect title logos or emblems from some of my favorite movies. I would LOVE to find a pin for Hercules that is the gold symbol that has a cloud and a lightening bolt.
Anyone ever seem anything like this?

***Sorry if this in the wrong section******:confused3

I collect Donald Duck pins with him only on the pin (no other characters). My DS6 collects whatever he likes, no theme for him and my DH collects patriotic pins (red, white and blue).

I collect pins of ... the Parks i've been to, The resorts i've stayed at, special holiday pins where i'm at the park and my favorite ride/attraction (Toy Story Midway Mania)... but pretty much only my one favorite ride since its way too easy to get carried away. I will sometimes trade for castmember hidden mickey pins too, but rarely.

41a82996.jpg

42912daa.jpg

2e96dbb2.jpg

My girlfriend does Princesses, some Villains, Cast Member / College Program, and Limited edition pins.

I am a lot easier, I do Pirates, Sorcerer Mickey/Hats, and DVC/AP/D23 pins.

I collect villains, primates and other random ones I happen to like, like anything from Pete's Dragon or many with food themes.

When I was at WDW a few months ago, I was doing holidays. DD12 was doing the "Cutie" type pins and DD9 was doing Chip/Dale and Tinkerbell.

PHXscuba

I collect pins of ... the Parks i've been to, The resorts i've stayed at, special holiday pins where i'm at the park and my favorite ride/attraction (Toy Story Midway Mania)... but pretty much only my one favorite ride since its way too easy to get carried away. I will sometimes trade for castmember hidden mickey pins too, but rarely.

That's a great collection! Do you actually find these pins through trades or do you buy them? DD pin trades, but she doesn't have any particular theme when she trades - just whatever catches her fancy. I usually don't see such nice pins on the CMs when she trades.

• character
  • color
  • movie
  • attraction
  • sets
  • holidays
  • character sets (i.e. Muppets)
  • Any other categorization that is special for you

HTH,
Dreams

My pin lanyard has a ridiculous amount of Ariel pins so I guess that is the main theme of it. It also had some cool pins of mickey and donald my mom got in the 70s. When I was at WDW in July I collected mostly ride pins.

That's a great collection! Do you actually find these pins through trades or do you buy them? DD pin trades, but she doesn't have any particular theme when she trades - just whatever catches her fancy. I usually don't see such nice pins on the CMs when she trades.

Both trades (mostly on pin BB's) and purchase (at parks and sometimes e-bay). Sometimes the CM's have some really neat pins .... but it takes a lot of searching and effort at DL .... WDW is a LOT easier because just about every CM has a lanyard

I collect resorts I've stayed at, parks I have visited, favorite rides, holidays when i am there and I like to trade for princess pins with cast members :-)

I have 2 favorite rides I collect and a few favorite characters. I have tons of pins....and there are tons more to collect! LOL

My girls have been collecting pins for a while – but not me… Until recently! This past Saturday, I saw both a Goofy and a Pluto wearing firefighter hats. My husband is a fireman, so I’ve decide to collect firefighter pins! I quickly borrowed 2 traders from my daughter and my collection has begun! :firefight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter