pillowcases- questions!

1153rsmith those are awesome pillowcases. :thumbsup2

Did you have someone outside of family make the name plate in the center(name and date)?

Yes, and No. I found the graphic here on the Disboards and then I used Word to add the name and dates to it.

The creative section on this board is amazing. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Those pillowcases really do look great! If you don't mind my asking where did you find the Disney insert that you had embroidered?!
I bought a white vinylmation that I planned to have signed with multicolored sharpies but sorta thinking the black with silver may be cooler! Also would like to have a photo mat signed! Perhaps I'll do multicolors for that & black & silver for the vinylmation.....hmmmm.....

Those pillowcases really do look great! If you don't mind my asking where did you find the Disney insert that you had embroidered?!
I bought a white vinylmation that I planned to have signed with multicolored sharpies but sorta thinking the black with silver may be cooler! Also would like to have a photo mat signed! Perhaps I'll do multicolors for that & black & silver for the vinylmation.....hmmmm.....

I found it in the Disign section of the board, but I don't remember which disigner. If you want a blank copy (no writing) PM me with an email address and I can send it to you.

I found it in the Disign section of the board, but I don't remember which disigner. If you want a blank copy (no writing) PM me with an email address and I can send it to you.

Great thanks! I'll let you know!!!

We dropped off our picture matte w/ scrapbook markers and our pillowcase with fabric markers and they used the scrapbook markers on both the matte and pillowcase (the packs of markers I bought were two different color sets) so now I'm not sure what to do with the pillowcase.

someone mentioned a piece of masking tape w our name & cabin number on the bottom of the pillowcase, I think I will do that as well as a note in the bag.

But my bigger question is,, did anyone put anything between the pillowcase to keep it from bleeding to the back side? I was thinking of sticking at least a piece of paper in there?

I think I have fabric markers, which sounds like the better choice.

We folded all 3 pillowcases together, put them in a gallon ziplock bag (with our sharpies) and wrote our stateroom number/last name on the outside of the bag. We never put anything between them, they arrived in our stateroom just as they had been folded when we dropped them off, and they have never bled!

Hope this helps!

We did this on our last cruise!!

Question: If I stuck some treats in the bag with a note asking for maybe a special thing do you think they could do it? I'm not sure what special thing I am looking for. My bf and I met on the ship three years ago and are headed back so I was thinking a note for him or something on the photo mat?

Has anyone ever gotten anything with the signatures? Just wondering! :lovestruc

someone mentioned a piece of masking tape w our name & cabin number on the bottom of the pillowcase, I think I will do that as well as a note in the bag.

But my bigger question is,, did anyone put anything between the pillowcase to keep it from bleeding to the back side? I was thinking of sticking at least a piece of paper in there?

I think I have fabric markers, which sounds like the better choice.

We used sharpies and they seemed to work better...lasted and didn't wash out......we did not have any bleeding either....going on a cruise 4/1 can't wait to have them sign!

What an awesome idea! :idea:

I would love to see some of the photo mat examples if anyone would like to share

Bump!!

Question: If I stuck some treats in the bag with a note asking for maybe a special thing do you think they could do it? I'm not sure what special thing I am looking for. My bf and I met on the ship three years ago and are headed back so I was thinking a note for him or something on the photo mat?

We are going on our first cruise and just heard about this idea. I would love to have t-shirts signed. Will they do that? Like men's undershirts so the kids can wear them to bed?

I have done the pillowcase in the parks (used an embroidery hoop to hold fabric taught -- worked great!), so perhaps I'll try the photo mat idea for the cruise. How awesome!

I used Sharpies one cruise...they run when you wash. You can get fabric markers at a craft store such as Joann's or Michaels.

You can use Sharpies without them running in the wash. You have to set them with high heat in the dryer for 10-15 minutes first, then you can wash as usual. I used Sharpies on all the t-shirts we got signed when my boys where little and we went to DisneyWorld often. I used fabric markers a couple of years ago with my daughter on the cruise, and it worked the same.

Princess Row said:
Bump!!

I included some candy with mine...a bag of starburst (don't send chocolate). I had a black photo mat signed with a silver Sharpie. I wanted to make sure that I got a few specific signatures, so I made a note specifying those certain ones in particular. I got all I wanted and then some! Worth a shot to ask for a special note or something...I think the treats help!

Our mat was delivered to our stateroom on the last night.

Is there a minimum thread count on the pillowcases that work best? I've seen everything from 200 to 500 (which were pillowcase protectors with a zipper).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter