Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

IMG_8043%20ds-XL.jpg

The camels were stationed just outside the Magic Carpets of Aladdin Ride.. was that MK or DL? Is that ride even still there?
Yes, there's one camel in front of the Magic Carpets in MK, and I recall another one spitting at us while we were up in the air! Pesky camels :) It was still there in 2013.

we miss this ride! But Mr Toad's headstone is in the Haunted mansion pet cemetery as you are leaving the ride [they changed the ride to ? :-( ]
If you're asking what replaced Mr Toad's Wild Ride, it was Winnie the Pooh

Here are some of mine. I am sure there are more in a photo album that I don't have at my house:

Old Poly slide June 1975, those are my sisters in their snazzy bikinis!

IMG_2554.JPG

Me (looks like I am taking a poo) and my cousin, we were 3 1/2, 1975, amazing how clear the water was. I do recall swimming in it in the early 1980s

IMG_2551.JPG

1975 my sisters and I (I am in non matching bathing suit)
IMG_2552.JPG

Resort specific boats/water mice (sprits/sprites???), 1975, my dad and I. Poly was yellow, I think CR was blue or red and Fort wilderness was red or blue:
IMG_2553.JPG

My kids playing in the old Poly water area, 2008. They loved that place and I got some amazing pictures:
IMG_2542.JPG

Me in the middle with my cousins cousins, the old view...so missed, mid 80s
IMG_2545.JPG

Poly quiet pool "cabana" area, 1980s
IMG_2546.JPG

The old Poly quiet pool when it was deep! Loved that pool. All our mid day breaks were spent in it and then we'd run back to the main pool and do the slide (old slide) no return with our feet burning, 1980s
IMG_2547.JPG

Old Poly lobby, the Italians invaded!my great uncle Louie came to pick up my grandmother and bring her back to his house in Tampa while we spent a week in the world. That is not me sitting between them, it's my non Italian friend. Note the black tray on the table, it is filled with squash fritters that uncle Louie made.
IMG_2548.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone have a picture of the old style inside the monorail cars? When we went in 1987, the monorail cars had a middle "row" where people could sit, rather than a big open area for scooters and strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter