pictures-disney and Randy

inloveindisney

DIS Veteran
I got the honeymoon pictures as a replacement and upgraded (50.00) package. I was very pleased. They came in this little white book with a castle on the front. It actually looked like a storybook the way it was made. The pics were great and I highly recommend upgrading to this package.
I also used Randy Chapman at my wedding. I just wanted to let you all know that I was very pleased with the pictures. He sent me my pictures in the album very quickly and they are beautiful. However, I was married in June and I am still waiting on my 11x14 and my cd to come in. I have called and emailed several times with no luck. For those of you working with him, I would call and remind them to put the cd in the package before they send the initial album. I thought he did a great job, but I am not happy with service after the fact.

Thats so much for that post we are looking a different photographers for our wedding. We are going to have inpark photos but are looking for maybe someone else for for the wedding. I really need all the "honest" feedback I can get on vendors

We used Disney for our photos in August and got the CD and photos within 3 days of the wedding! And that also included the Magic Kingdom photo session.

Can't praise them highly enough,
Andy

I wonder here? Can you take the photos that you get with am IVR and use that towards your MK photo if you have an outside vendor. THat would be awesome. I am sorry I love disney but I really love the way randy looks at your wedding from all side of it. Plus he give you more photos and stuff than disney does.

I think that Randy won't send out both the album and the CD together in case it gets lost. I know this is what he told us when we asked why the negatives and album could not be sent out at the same time. We also had similar issues. Just keep calling, you'll get it eventually :wizard: What we did was call, be told "it just went out in the mail", wait a week, call, be told "it just went out in the mail", wait a week, repeat as needed;) But in the end we were very happy with the pictures (which we still look at often), and you'll only have to deal with the run-around until you get everything. Good luck!

kegafford said:
I wonder here? Can you take the photos that you get with am IVR and use that towards your MK photo if you have an outside vendor. THat would be awesome. I am sorry I love disney but I really love the way randy looks at your wedding from all side of it. Plus he give you more photos and stuff than disney does.

They won't allow you to apply the funds towards an MK photo shoot, it might depend on which EM you are assigned, but it seems that they have a policy where it can only be applied towards a honeymoon photo session.

FutureAshleyDukes said:
They won't allow you to apply the funds towards an MK photo shoot, it might depend on which EM you are assigned, but it seems that they have a policy where it can only be applied towards a honeymoon photo session.

Whats an IVR?

I agree that Randy and Linda have some post-wedding issues, but to be fair, my post wedding timeline happened at the same time as the hurricanes last year, and I'm sure that didn't help the situation. Linda especially requires some followup, but you will get what you ordered. Overall we were much more pleased with Randy (even with the post wedding delays) than we were with Disney (who we used for our MK shoot). Randy's style and personality just suited us much better.

I did this too and used Randy for our intimate. It did take a little while to get the last of the photos, but was still very pleased.

diswedwish said:
I think that Randy won't send out both the album and the CD together in case it gets lost. I know this is what he told us when we asked why the negatives and album could not be sent out at the same time. We also had similar issues. Just keep calling, you'll get it eventually :wizard: What we did was call, be told "it just went out in the mail", wait a week, call, be told "it just went out in the mail", wait a week, repeat as needed;) But in the end we were very happy with the pictures (which we still look at often), and you'll only have to deal with the run-around until you get everything. Good luck!

That makes sense for negatives and albums as the negatives are irrelaceble - but a CD?? Surely they keep back up copes of the photos for if you want reprints, or just becasue you can keep a back up! He could just delete the back up after you've confirmed receipt of the cd - it could get snapped in half by the postman afterall!!

I've heard a lot of people raving about Randy's pictures and it's a pity that you have to be let down in the after sales care.

Oh no! You're all making me worried! Randy said that he would get my cd to me before I even left WDW (weddings on a Monday, we leave the next Sat). Linda told me to call her one week before to remind her, and also to remind Randy at the wedding that he has a Disney wedding that Thursday, and to bring the CD to me then. Linda made a joking comment about how they required lots of reminders, but I'm beginning to think she wasn't joking! I'm really excited about using him, and love his style. Maybe I should call and remind Linda again on the Wed after my wedding and the day before he is to deliver it to me.

Randy said that he would bring the cd to us at our hotel since he had another wedding there later that week. However...we never got it. Linda called when they were shipping the pictures and she mentioned there was a note on the receipt saying we'd already gotten the cd. I told her we'd never gotten it and she said she'd make another copy and it was included with our album.

LittleBlackRaincloud said:
Oh no! You're all making me worried! Randy said that he would get my cd to me before I even left WDW (weddings on a Monday, we leave the next Sat). Linda told me to call her one week before to remind her, and also to remind Randy at the wedding that he has a Disney wedding that Thursday, and to bring the CD to me then. Linda made a joking comment about how they required lots of reminders, but I'm beginning to think she wasn't joking! I'm really excited about using him, and love his style. Maybe I should call and remind Linda again on the Wed after my wedding and the day before he is to deliver it to me.

We had Randy too, and they are definitely forgetful...we reminded him though that we needed the cd for our at-home party and he brought it to us the day before we left with no problems. He did forget however that we had upgraded our package, and that was a bit disappointing because he left at the designated time for the lesser package and yet we still (i think) have to pay the same amount for the upgrade--I am still waiting for a response on that. But everyone LOVES his pictures and he works really well with the FTW hosts and makes you feel really relaxed...

"Oh no! You're all making me worried! Randy said that he would get my cd to me before I even left WDW (weddings on a Monday, we leave the next Sat). "

Don't worry!! Like I said, in the end, we have everything and love our pictures, and Randy was great on the actual wedding day. I think that's the most important thing. Yes, it stinks that we weren't thrilled with the customer service after the wedding, but that only lasts for a few weeks - your pictures will last a lifetime :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter