Picture package

Rvillediser

Mouseketeer
74 more days til we're on our first Disney cruise!! I have a question or two or three about purchasing a picture package ahead of time: the website reads you get 10 pictures, does anyone know what size pictures they are? How much are pix onboard? In other words, is it really a deal to prepurchase a package? Thanks!

74 more days til we're on our first Disney cruise!! I have a question or two or three about purchasing a picture package ahead of time: the website reads you get 10 pictures, does anyone know what size pictures they are? How much are pix onboard? In other words, is it really a deal to prepurchase a package? Thanks!
10 pictures is 10 pictures, regardless of size. There are 2 (printed) photo sizes 8X10 and 6X8.

Individual prices are (last I knew):
8X10 print - $20.95
6X8 print - $14.95
Digital photo each - $20.95

I believe there is a discount if you pre-purchase the package. That used to be only on the full, all photo package, but I think it's on all packages now.

In the past the 8X10 photos were the photos taken at the photo locations for formal nights, and the photos taken by the roving photographers. 6X8 were the character photos.

We got the 20 printed picture package in January on the Fantasy. Though we were able to choose whatever 20 pictures we wanted, we were not able to choose the sizes. Like Princess said, the sizes are 8x10 and 6x8. We received more 8x10s, but I don't know if that's typical or why it worked out that way. I will say that the quality of the pictures is great! Beautiful shots!

We did the pre-pay full picture package last Oct for our first cruise with the kiddos. We got a flash drive with all of our pics. I think if you are going to do a lot of character photos or family photos, or it's your first time, special trip, etc it's totally worth it. Get as many photos as you can, I felt it was a good deal and worth it. I so enjoyed taking our daughter to see the characters and princesses, fantastic memories on film. That being said, I don't really see the need for it on our next cruise.

I purchased a 10 picture package on two of our cruised and an unlimited package on our Alaskan cruise. They were beautiful shots and totally worth it.

For our 5 night cruise the price difference is just $70 between ALL DIGITAL and just the 10 DIGITAL on a USB ($212 vs $150). The way I think of it is, I essentially hired a professional photographer for our entire vacation, whereas I have easily paid $200 for just a family session at home. My sister said she did the photo package on her last cruise and she easily left with 300+ photos and she said they all looked great, plus she didn't have to lug her DSLR around with her. She had her hands free and was able to be "in" more of the photos. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter