Picture In Wilderness Lodge

This is the picture I took of the bear & cub during the holidays in 2003. Is this kind of what you are looking for? If it is, let me know. I'm heading to WDW 2 weeks from today and can take a better photo for you.

WLBears.jpg

Terk-1 said:
This is the picture I took of the bear & cub during the holidays in 2003. Is this kind of what you are looking for? If it is, let me know. I'm heading to WDW 2 weeks from today and can take a better photo for you.

WLBears.jpg

The OP was asking about an actual print hanging on the wall near Roaring Forks, if you look by through the thread you will see a link to the print. It was stolen and the OP was trying to get more info about the artist which I provided.

Sammie said:
the artist's name is William Holbrook Beard. He died in 1900 and the particular painting referred to was painted in 1866. I believe the piece that was at the Lodge was a print and was stolen years ago.
Thanks for posting the artist name - here's a link to a place selling either framed or unframed prints (look at the first two, one is 17"x20", one is 20"x24") :

http://www.artprintcollection.com/searchResults.php?search=William+Holbrook+Beard+

Also, eBay has a repro @ $29 under item 270046969418...

Hope this helps!
:wave:

Seahunt said:
Thanks for posting the artist name - here's a link to a place selling either framed or unframed prints (look at the first two, one is 17"x20", one is 20"x24") :

http://www.artprintcollection.com/searchResults.php?search=William+Holbrook+Beard+

Also, eBay has a repro @ $29 under item 270046969418...

Hope this helps!
:wave:

Yep, I just posted a link to that particular print. I can find that one and its obviously the same cave, as the one we are looking for, but I can't find the particular one with just the Mother and one cub at the entrance to the cave. I have not been able to find out the name of the print either that was at the WL, only the artist.

But maybe if we all keep searching now that we have the artist, we will find it. I know it was an 1866 print.

Cass said:
Wow, what a beautiful print.. thnks FredP for sending it

WildernessLodgeBearPainting.jpg

Is this the actual one you are looking for or is this the companion print. Because if this is the actual one there is actually another bear in the pic but is extremely hard to make out.

TSM1993 said:
Is this the actual one you are looking for or is this the companion print. Because if this is the actual one there is actually another bear in the pic but is extremely hard to make out.

You know you are right. It's just that the photo is taken up much closer to the print, and you only notice the one bear. Mystery solved then.

dianemb said:
ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO WE STAYED AT THE WILDERNESS LODGE AND THERE WAS A BEAR AND CUB PRINT IN THE HALLWAY OFF THE LOBBY ON THE WAY TO THE SNACK BAR. I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR IT AND CAN NOT FIND IT. I EVEN CONTACTED THE HOTEL AND THE DESIGNER OF THE LOBBY. I DON'T EVEN KNOW THE ARTIST OR THE NAME OF THE PAINTING. I WOULD LOVE TO GET IT FOR MY HUSBAND BECAUSE HE SAID IT REMINDED HIM OF HIMSELF AND OUR SON.

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP

Please stop the shouting, your hurting my head! :rotfl2:

Sorry about the shouting. This was originally posted back when I only had about 2 posts and didn't realize it was shouting.

dianemb said:
Sorry about the shouting. This was originally posted back when I only had about 2 posts and didn't realize it was shouting.

Much better. :crazy:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is it -- and a print available. You have brought me to the fruition of quite an odyssey. Thanks so much to you, and to Sammie.

Have a great day!

FredP said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is it -- and a print available. You have brought me to the fruition of quite an odyssey. Thanks so much to you, and to Sammie.

Have a great day!

The real thanks goes to someone that works for Disney, that was willing to search out the artist, as the print was stolen several years ago.

My Disney friend would wish to remain anoymous, but just suffice it to say, she no longer works at the Lodge and has a very demanding job but was willing to help me out. Just goes to show what truly nice people they have working for them. :thumbsup2

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to pass on some news from an email I received from a representative at the Wilderness Lodge. Since the the Lodge didn't have record of the painting other then when it was purchased and the design firm who provided it, I forwarded our findings to them.

They were very appreciative. The woman I'd been corresponding with even said they were looking into replacing the painting, maybe even in its old place.

Pretty cool, eh?

Thanks again for all your help in this. What a fun couple of weeks it's been.

A great day to all of you,

-- Fred

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter