Pics Of the Contemporary Vacation Club!!!!

Tink10

Always Lurking
Troy's poll inspired me to search like the dickens for any info on what the next DVC would be & I found the following.......

15257contdvc2-thumb.jpg

15257contdvc1-thumb.jpg

Contemporary Disney Vacation Club
Resort Timeshare Condominiums
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Completion Date: 2008

(I hope it's "legal" for me to post these)

The info came from http://www.gwathmey-siegel.com/ (an archetectural design firm but they have since been removed from the website) and this, combined with the other blurb that I posted on the poll thread, confirms, (in my mind anyway) that we can expect to see the new Contemporary Vacation Club open in 2008! :cheer2:

Good work Detective Tink .... I'd say we are about to move past the rumor stage

I don't know much about the archetecture/construction industry, but it was listed under the firm's "New Projects" section, so I assume that it's a go....... :thumbsup2

I think the 2008 date may be a little optimistic, though. It looks like quite a massive project.

Wow!! I went to the firm's website from your link and I believe it states the design will be completed in 2008....?? I can't imagine it would be built by then. Wow....if that is the plan!!! :sunny:

Since it looks like one big building, I guess it will not be phase built?

The first monorail DVC.... it's a graet thing.

Who is going to add on?

If they are saying the design phase will be completed in 2008, remember that Disney often has things it designed but are not build. Eagle Pines, Newport Beach, etc.

Oh PLEASE let this be one that actually gets built. I'd buy points there today! Uh oh. Addonitis is back...

This is great. Could that possibly be a PeopleMover between the villas building and the tower?!?!?

mj2vacation said:
Since it looks like one big building, I guess it will not be phase built?

The first monorail DVC.... it's a graet thing.

Who is going to add on?
I've already emailed my guide Byron to tell him we want Contemporary points as soon as he knows what the deal is. :thumbsup2

Could it be just one of several designs Disney commisioned from several firms? It could be just concepitial and still years away..smjj

Also note it's in the same location where the North Garden wing is located, the wing that has yet to be renovated...

So I am new to DVC. I would really be interested in CRV. How will they make the announcement? Obviously for us here on the DIS boards, we will know quicker than those who are not on the DIS boards. Will they do a mass mailing, or do email or both?

I thought I was done adding on with 550 points. I guess I was wrong. I just emailed Jim McCoy, telling him that I will be buying at least fifty VCH points as soon as the details are published!

Not to be Nicky Negative but what are the odd's that this firm just screwed themselves royally by posting information like this on a public website. I don't think Disney will take too kindly to this information being out there.

I hope they have good laywers.

I went back to the poll post and that poster said he had public information about a contractual agreement between DVC and a construction company, not just the design firm. I LOVE the CR, so I will continue to believe in CRV!! :woohoo:

facebook twitter