Picky teen - question

JenniBB

Mouseketeer
My 13 yo ds is not an adventurous eater. If we were to go to the sci fi dine in theater (for example) would they be able to make a burger during DINNER - it is not on the dinner menu, only the lunch menu. :sad2: Really, he drives me NUTS, but I don't want to be at mcdonalds every day just because he won't be a little more flexible.
Thanks!

While I've never had anyone do it at Sci-Fi, specifically, I do know from experience that they will bring adults (even 30-odd-year-old-women-you-sometimes-want-to-strangle :rolleyes: ) meals composed of items from the kids' menu, although plated for adults. There is a cheeseburger on the kids' menu at Sci-Fi, so you should be safe.

I had a friend with me once who ate chicken strips/nuggets at almost every restaurant. She was 33 at the time.

While I've never had anyone do it at Sci-Fi, specifically, I do know from experience that they will bring adults (even 30-odd-year-old-women-you-sometimes-want-to-strangle :rolleyes: ) meals composed of items from the kids' menu, although plated for adults. There is a cheeseburger on the kids' menu at Sci-Fi, so you should be safe.

I had a friend with me once who ate chicken strips/nuggets at almost every restaurant. She was 33 at the time.

Thanks for your quick reply! I've been agonizing over our ADRs because of the menus - based on making sure there is SOMETHING he will eat. GRR! So if it is on the kids' menu I should be "safe". Thanks!

Speaking specifically about Sci-Fi, your son will be able to order the burger off the lunch menu at dinner. This question comes up fairly often on these boards. I cannot understand why the restaurant decided to leave one of the few edible items off the dinner menu. It really doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, I have read plenty of posts confirming that they are happy to comply with frequent requests for burgers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!