Picky eater friendly restaurants for kids?

Cassiejmom

Earning My Ears
One of my 3 kids is a horrible eater and will just not eat if there isn't anything she likes...which is why she isn't very big! Anyway, the normal kid fare of hamburgers, chicken fingers, and fries won't do it for her. She won't eat any of it. Where are the best bets to find a Grilled Cheese or a plain cheese pizza. What buffet has the most options....pasta, mac and cheese, etc

oh and meant to add - DH has dietary restrictions for a chronic illness so actually suggestions of a resturant where an adult can get simple stuff is good too

You can get kids' cheese pizzas in all four parks:
Pinocchio's Village Haus at MK
Pizza Planet at DHS
Pizzafari at AK
(I know there's one in Epcot but the name escapes me right now)

As for mac and cheese, pretty much every single buffet on property has it in the kids' section (sometimes in the adult section). 100% guarantee if it's a character buffet.

Many of the other TS have mac and cheese or some other form of pasta. It would probably be harder to find a place that didn't have something along those lines.

Grilled cheese sandwiches are somewhat less common, but if cheese pizza and/or some form of pasta will work then she'll be fine.

oh boy. lol. Id suggest you stick with buffets. That way you can all pick something you like.

when you make your reservation make sure you make a note of your DHs dietary restrictions.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

oh boy. lol. Id suggest you stick with buffets. That way you can all pick something you like.

when you make your reservation make sure you make a note of your DHs dietary restrictions.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

Agree with buffets, they have large selections of food for adults and kids. Our favorite was Cape May. Lots of options for kids (mac and cheese was there) with seafood and non-seafood for adults.

Buffets usually have macncheese. Like others have said and usually cheese pizza. I really don't see a problem at any TS asking for a grill cheese. Really it is bread and cheese. They should be able to handle that! CS might be differant but what restaurant doesn't have bread and cheese! :confused3 Hope you have a great time!! :)

I have a picky eater too. She pretty much lives on chicken fingers and pizza at Disney. Won't eat the Mac & cheese at most places as it is too cheesy. She likes the Mac & cheese at California Grill and she will eat plain pasta at other places.

Her favorite is Via Napoli.

oh and meant to add - DH has dietary restrictions for a chronic illness so actually suggestions of a resturant where an adult can get simple stuff is good too

Just about anyplace can serve the food plain. I am very picky so I know! :goodvibes I wouldn't try sigs. Or the Wave. They just didn't have plain food available. You could change up your dish but they didn't have fries or mash potato on the menu so your selections are limited. Trails end is a good choice for us picky eaters.

We have the same problems, except 3 different picky eaters, 3 different likes. We are heading back next summer and would love to know some great buffets. Thanks

According to WDWINFO here are the restaurants that serve grilled cheese:

Earl of Sandwich

ESPN Grill

ESPN Zone

Ohana

Pinocchio Village Haus Restaurant

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Tony's Town Square Restaurant

And here are the ones that serve pizza:

1900 PArk Fare
ABC Commisiary
Cape May
Bluezoo
Boardwalk Pizza
Catalina Eddies
Chef Mickey's
CRT
Contempo Cafe
Crysatl Pala
Earl of Sandwich
Liberty Tree Tavern
Mara
Old Port Royale
Pinnochios Village House
Pizzafari
PLaet Hollywood
Portobelllo
Akershus
Rose & Crown
Shutters
TRex
Tonys Town Square
Toy Story
Via Napoli
Trails end
Wolfgang Puck express

They have a great feature on this website where you can put in any food & they will tell you where you can get it. I have 3 very picky kids (1 whose issues are so bad he has a feeding tube) so I found this tool very useful in picking where we eat. I have also started to carry around a couple peanut butter sandwiches for my youngest in case there is still nothing he likes. My kids are all picky in different ways & the kids menus are often very limited so its hard to find a place where all 3 find something they like. Sometimes just having a sandwich on hand is easier.

Also, we ate at CP last year & my youngest (the one with the tube) didn't like anything on the buffet. The waitress noticed & had the chef come out. We told him he would eat a hot dog & he had someone go next door to Casey's & got him 2 huge hot dogs & fries. Exceptionally nice! One other thing that may or may not be relevant- my kids only like Kraft mac & cheese, what they serve at the parks is nothing like that. Its very thick & creamy. Also, a lot of the restaurants serve "meaty macaroni" as their pasta. We thought it looked & tasted pretty gross. Good luck in your search!

I posted this on another thread when someone needed grilled cheese options.

The Plaza has an adult grilled cheese that is not on the menu, good but a typical grilled cheese just made larger with 3 slices of bread like the club. They also have a kids grilled cheese as does Captain Cook's along with the adult grilled cheese. Beaches and Cream has a grilled cheese.

Whispering CC has a grilled cheese on the new lunch menu. The Wave at The Contemporary has a grilled cheese on the kids menu. The Brown Derby has a grilled cheese on the kids menu. All I can think of for now.

According to WDWINFO here are the restaurants that serve grilled cheese:

Earl of Sandwich

ESPN Grill

ESPN Zone

Ohana

Pinocchio Village Haus Restaurant

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Tony's Town Square Restaurant

And here are the ones that serve pizza:

1900 PArk Fare
ABC Commisiary
Cape May
Bluezoo
Boardwalk Pizza
Catalina Eddies
Chef Mickey's
CRT
Contempo Cafe
Crysatl Pala
Earl of Sandwich
Liberty Tree Tavern
Mara
Old Port Royale
Pinnochios Village House
Pizzafari
PLaet Hollywood
Portobelllo
Akershus
Rose & Crown
Shutters
TRex
Tonys Town Square
Toy Story
Via Napoli
Trails end
Wolfgang Puck express

They have a great feature on this website where you can put in any food & they will tell you where you can get it. I have 3 very picky kids (1 whose issues are so bad he has a feeding tube) so I found this tool very useful in picking where we eat. I have also started to carry around a couple peanut butter sandwiches for my youngest in case there is still nothing he likes. My kids are all picky in different ways & the kids menus are often very limited so its hard to find a place where all 3 find something they like. Sometimes just having a sandwich on hand is easier.

Also, we ate at CP last year & my youngest (the one with the tube) didn't like anything on the buffet. The waitress noticed & had the chef come out. We told him he would eat a hot dog & he had someone go next door to Casey's & got him 2 huge hot dogs & fries. Exceptionally nice! One other thing that may or may not be relevant- my kids only like Kraft mac & cheese, what they serve at the parks is nothing like that. Its very thick & creamy. Also, a lot of the restaurants serve "meaty macaroni" as their pasta. We thought it looked & tasted pretty gross. Good luck in your search!

On our last visit in Sept. the grilled cheeses were no longer on menu at Pin. Village Haus, Tony's and ESPN. Just FYI for next trip, although they may make something for dietary issues they were no longer on menu.

I posted this on another thread when someone needed grilled cheese options.

The Plaza has an adult grilled cheese that is not on the menu, good but a typical grilled cheese just made larger with 3 slices of bread like the club. They also have a kids grilled cheese as does Captain Cook's along with the adult grilled cheese. Beaches and Cream has a grilled cheese.

Whispering CC has a grilled cheese on the new lunch menu. The Wave at The Contemporary has a grilled cheese on the kids menu. The Brown Derby has a grilled cheese on the kids menu. All I can think of for now.

My sister had the adult grilled cheese at The Plaza and it was her favourite meal of the trip. She is a very selective eater and we generally found the buffets a better option (except 1900 PF) we didnt have too much luck there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter