Picking dates for our August trip.

Lomky

Earning My Ears
Hello all, we are planning our second trip to Disneyland for August. We are traveling from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada so it's a pretty big deal. We are planning on staying in the area for 9 days. Now the question comes for crowds. I notice that annual pass holders are allowed back in on August 20. I'm assuming it would be busier after the block out. We are planning on spending 4 days in Disney, and the rest of the time split up with the beach, six flags, sea world and the zoo.

So, what in your opinion would be the less busy choice between - Aug 7-16 or Aug 14-23? We know that carsland will be a bit of a wildcard.

If we go it looks like the week of 8/12-8/18 for us this year, which is the time of August that we like.

Jack

Hello all, we are planning our second trip to Disneyland for August. We are traveling from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada so it's a pretty big deal. We are planning on staying in the area for 9 days. Now the question comes for crowds. I notice that annual pass holders are allowed back in on August 20. I'm assuming it would be busier after the block out. We are planning on spending 4 days in Disney, and the rest of the time split up with the beach, six flags, sea world and the zoo.

So, what in your opinion would be the less busy choice between - Aug 7-16 or Aug 14-23? We know that carsland will be a bit of a wildcard.
You are asking the right question! The days before Aug 20 are blocked out and more predictable. So I would still feel more comfortable going then. The days after might or might not be super crowded. I went last year in August on the week before the blockout lifted and then on the day it lifted on a Sunday and it was considerably more crowded on that Sunday. However, there were some reports it was not that crowded on the weekdays during the following week.

I think it is more difficult to predict the crowds after Aug 20 and would stick with your earlier dates. But some people would say the lifting blockout is not a big deal.

Thanks Hydroguyamd blackjackdelta.

Looks like we have decided to leave aug 7! I think we will be going to Disney for three days at the beginning and one day at the end of our trip.

We stayed at the super8 last time and thought it was fine and cheap, we are going to try and stay somewhere a bit nicer and closer. We are thinking Carousel. We aren't picky and neither is our teen age son.

We are excited to go back, hopefully carsland will be done and not too busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter