Picking a room-Fantasy

divabydisney

Mouseketeer
This will be our 2nd cruise. Hopefully doing Fantasy next year. The question is what room to pick. I am torn between the dual large port holes or a verandah. We've never had a verandah. And for whatever reason my DS 14 is scared to death of them. No matter how much I reassure him, he thinks he can fall out. But we loved the large porthole in our room last time. If I get a verandah, what are the navigator verandahs like? I didn't think we spent that much time in our room before but for the longer cruise might think the fresh air would be great? Has anyone had the navigator verandah and really wished they had a regular one? I guess I don't know how obstructed they get. Any info is great. Thanks!

On the Fantasy, as far as the railing is concern, it's pretty much the same as a regular verandah.

Here's a link where you can see some pictures: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...oceanview-stateroom-with-navigators-verandah/
That link is for the Magic & Wonder. I'm pretty sure the navigator verandahs (category 7a) on the Dream are just obstructed, with a smaller verandah, not the enclosed areas like on the Magic & Wonder.

Here's some links to photos:

http://www.passporter.com/photos/di...y-dream-view-from-navigator-27s-verandah.html

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41494053&postcount=15

OP, I don't know if the 7a is going to help your son any or not. But they should be cheaper than a regular verandah cabin. Personally, I loved the big portholes, but the fresh air *is* a nice bonus of the verandah.

Sayhello

Part of me doesn't really care. I think that when he gets on there, he will see he can't fall off the side and then really like it. The dual portholes are a little cheaper so theres a plus there. I've heard on the longer cruises it's nice to have the verandah. Because I've not ever had a verandah room I don't know if I'd miss it. I have some time to consider it.

So for those who've had the verandah do you think it's worth the extra cost? Or did any of your kids experience anxiety about it?

We have cruised 3 times and had a veranda each time. First time was the cheaper white wall one, but then DS had to stand on a chair to see over - not something we wanted him to do! So we paid a bit more (and its not much extra in the whole scheme of things) for the clear wall. We go for a 5c.

The first time we chose a veranda because as DS was only 4 he needed to have a rest during the day, even though he was out of napping. It was great for us to be able to sit out with a drink and a book whilst he relaxed inside. After the first time we wouldn't be without the veranda unless it was so expensive it meant we couldn't go. I don't like inside rooms as I hate waking up in the night and not being able to tell if its night or day without looking at the clock or what the weather is like without going out of my room. Also, living in the UK and not having air conditioning, we are very into having the windows open and fresh air in whatever the weather.

I don't think your son should have a problem, they are very safe. Our DS is no great fan of heights, but loved to be able to look out at the sea. And if he doesn't want to go out there, he can always stay inside and still see everything.

The dual portholes are a little cheaper so theres a plus there. I've heard on the longer cruises it's nice to have the verandah. Because I've not ever had a verandah room I don't know if I'd miss it. I have some time to consider it.

So for those who've had the verandah do you think it's worth the extra cost? Or did any of your kids experience anxiety about it?

HI D'B'D'Y

I have you some good news [no pun intended ] to float your boat.......some of the varandah state rooms [ cat 7a ] , I am speaking of are the same, if not cheaper in price as a dual porthole staterooms......check before you pick.
We have cruised 10 times now....and I want to say cruise number 6 we where upgraded to a varandah room....got spoiled been booking them ever since.There is no going back. HAPPY CRUISIN' :thumbsup2

If he's like my kids you won't need to worry. He will hardly be in the room, he'll be in the club 18 hours a day. He will come back to the room to sleep and then be gone again.

One thing to keep in mind, people smoke on their verandas, and it really is bothersome to non smokers. No fresh air on my veranda durning my 7 n western.

We were fortunate to have no smokers at all on our Fantasy verandah. I loved having it. I also loved being in a family veranda - the room is bigger and the shower is larger - no shower curtain sticking to you!!

You guys are making this tough! ;)

We are not smokers so that would be horrible if we had that issue. I already have a hard time with smoke.

I think I'll just do the verandah though. Heck I'm paying for it. I'm gonna have to do some convincing though... Thanks for the feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter