picking a resort - which has the best bar?

ziggystardust

DIS Veteran
Hi all. In the very (very) beginning planning stages of our next trip. Just starting to think about it really.

We're the type that like to enjoy a drink or 2 after a long day of being touristy. To relax, to socialize, to enjoy. What hotel do you think has the best bar? We've stayed at Pop and like their pool bar, but depending on time of year that can get cold fast. Any suggestions ?

thanks!

We always get ready for dinner and then head to the bar for a drink before we go eat. It's been this way since I was little with my family and I got a wonderful Shirley Temple ;) This past visit we stayed at the WL and the bar there was great. It was quiet and intimate (we didn't love the rooms, but good bar!). I also love AKL for a bar because it has such a wonderful selection. It's much more out in the open, but has a great feel to it. While I love the Poly bar, I don't love the crowds that come with it. From 4:30 on it's packed with people waiting for Ohana so it's not really a great place to sit and relax before your dinner.
If you're looking for a moderate I would suggest POR. That has a nice sized bar and you can take your drink outside and sit along the water. Enjoy!

I agree entirely with the previous poster! For Deluxes AKL has a nice bar, and the best pool bar, by far. Also, you can take your drinks and sit outside around the firepit and talk to people. Wilderness Lodge would be my second choice. For moderates, POR is nice - sometimes they have a piano player there also. Coronado Springs has a beautiful bar - very nice couches, and amazing chandaliers. They also have a nice outdoor bar on the lake.

Dolphin lobby bar is good for people watching, and stopping off at the Boardwalk for a cheeky beverage on the way back from Studios or Epcot is always needed!

funny - i've stayed at the WL and never even noticed a bar but that was a lifetime ago.

And also funny, b/c WL was at the top of my list of places to stay. So this just bumped it up even higher.

:)

DH's favorites:

AKL for inside bar & pool bar.

He also enjoys the pool bar at CBR.

:drinking1:Boardwalk Inn has a few good places for drinks.

Bell vue room

ESPN

Big river brewing.

You can also walk to Yacht and beach or swan and dolphin for drinks.

I think the best bars at at the Dolphin. I love the lounge at bluezoo, and they have the most amazing, inventive cocktails. No where else on property has drinks like they do. The pool bar by the grotto pool serves a full menu and is beautiful as well.

ETA: For moderate resorts, I think the Coronado Springs has everywhere else beat. Siestas, by the pool, is great and the bartenders are outstanding.

We loooove the bar at WL. At Yacht Club, the Crew's Cup Lounge is great. Agree that the Poly bar, while nice, becomes like an airport waiting area after 4p (it's unforunate...they have great appetizers.) The AKL bar is also nice. There are many places at the Boardwalk as well....The bar inside the main building at GF seems to always be packed, but Narcoosee's bar is great.

If you are looking for a moderate...we enjoyed the bar/club at CSR, altho it is also a club so on certain nights I belive it becomes less peaceful and more of a "scene." My sister just stayed at POR and she liked the bar there.

My favorite pool bar - Boardwalk (just the guys though not the woman). Favorite indoor bar - Belle Vue. Runner up AKL for both indoor and outdoors. I have always wanted to go to the Dolphin's pool bar but never seem to make it. The Bluezoo sounds very interesting too. Great thread, thanks OP.

Wilderness Lodge...they have a wonderful selection of wines from the Pacific Northwest. Very quiet and relaxing.

Favorite pool bar -- Poly

Favorite indoor bar -- Rix Lounge at the CSR (music on the weekends and a little more upscale)

We love the bar at Pop, which you've mentioned you've been to. What I like about the values, is the pool bars and the food courts stay open till midnight.

Moderates:
CBR has a nice bar out by the pool. We were this this past late November - and while it did get cold out, it was quite nice because they had these big heat lamps that kept us warm! There are also a TON of tables in the area near the bar (I hate how at Pop it can be tough to find a table!) They were also open till midnight, I believe.

POFQ: 2 bars... pool bar, which closes earler (maybe 8, 9? not 100% on that), and indoor bar off the main lobby which is open late... nice place to hang out and be indoors. Tvs in there... and certain nights a musician which can be fun! Indoors stays open till close to midnight - 11:45 maybe?

Deluxe: We liked the bar at the Poly - though not sure what time that stays open till - pool bar also nice, again, not sure of the times.

WL: Also have enjoyed the bar indoors there - very nice and relaxing.... as is AKL's.

never found a bar at BC during our stays.. but did at YC and it was empty and boring and no atmosphere. Unless there is another at those resorts I am missing?

I agree with the WL and AKL bars both are very relaxing and have great atmospheres. For an outside bar we really like the one by SAB at BC/YC, it is right next to Hurricane Hannah's. We will be staying at the Poly in August and will be trying out the pool bar there, :goodvibes, however we have gotten a drink at Tambu Lounge inside the GCH at Poly and that was really nice too.

Hi all. In the very (very) beginning planning stages of our next trip. Just starting to think about it really.

We're the type that like to enjoy a drink or 2 after a long day of being touristy. To relax, to socialize, to enjoy. What hotel do you think has the best bar? We've stayed at Pop and like their pool bar, but depending on time of year that can get cold fast. Any suggestions ?

thanks!

CSR has a nice pool bar, a nice lakeside bar, and a nice (more adult than the other mods) indoor bar.

My favorite- Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge next to Artist Point and Coronado Springs -Rix Lounge would be my second pick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter