pic of a 6 or 8 inch grand floridian cake?

3princesses+aprince

DIS Veteran
We are going to 1900 park fare to celebrate my dd's birthdays, I am deciding between the 6 inch cake and the 8 inch, does anyone have any pictures, I want to make sure the 6 inch isn't too tiny. Thanks so much

The 8" cake would probably serve 8 people, ease. I got an 8" for DW's b-day a couple of years ago, and it was pretty big. Took us 3 or 4 days to finish (and we're pretty big cake eaters).

Birthday%20cake%20and%20presents%2012-4-04.JPG

I don't know if they still make the Mickey cake - I would assume so.

GF%20-%20Cathyqus%20birthday%20cake%203%2012-4-02.JPG

Where did the Mickey cake come from? My DS will be celebrating his 5th birthday at WDW this June. Also-how much? I love that cake!

subscribing....gotta find out where that Mickey cake came from. :love:

***OHHHH, I think I know...the curtains in the background are the same as the pic. of the other cake. It must be GF.

This is an anniversary cake ordered from GF bakery but it will give you an idea of the size of a 6 inch cake - it was at least 6 - 8 inches tall. There was a lot left even after four big pieces had been eaten.

Mickeycake.jpg

After 4 LARGE pieces were cut from the cake

mickeycake2.jpg

I was thinking that I read somewhere else on the DIS that all 6 inch cakes are frozen cakes. Is this true? If so how was your 6 inch cake foxfire? Thanks for the info.
p.s. the cake is really cute!

I was thinking that I read somewhere else on the DIS that all 6 inch cakes are frozen cakes. Is this true? If so how was your 6 inch cake foxfire? Thanks for the info.
p.s. the cake is really cute!

I think at some places they are frozen but this was a special order cake so it was fresh baked. When I called to place the order, I was able to select the cake flavor and could choose what flavor of filling I wanted between layers. It was delicious! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for all of the pictures. For some reason when I thought about a 6 inch caked I thought it would be small, but clearly it's not, especailly after a big dinner.

You can also order the Mickey head cake from any of the MK ts restaurants. We just had one for dd's 8th birthday. I ordered it from the MK and we had it at Crystal Palace.

Thanks so much for all of the pictures. For some reason when I thought about a 6 inch caked I thought it would be small, but clearly it's not, especailly after a big dinner.

The 6 inch cake pictured is NOT a standard WDW 6 inch cake. The standard cake is only between 3-4 inches thick. Would probably suit a family of 4-6 just fine.

Does anyone have a picture of a "standard" six inch cake? I read that they cant be customized, so I would really like to see how they are decorated, as well as the size!!!

Hi

This is exactly the cake I would like to order for our anniversary. Could you please tell me the cost if you don't mind? Thanks so much!

Laura

This is an anniversary cake ordered from GF bakery but it will give you an idea of the size of a 6 inch cake - it was at least 6 - 8 inches tall. There was a lot left even after four big pieces had been eaten.

Mickeycake.jpg

After 4 LARGE pieces were cut from the cake

mickeycake2.jpg

HERE is the official cake thread on the DIS with hundreds of cake photos and information.

There is a photo of the 'frozen' generic 6 inch cake that needs no notice when ordering in post #7, the 4th cake photo in it...there is also another example in post #9, the 1st photo.

The 6" cake can be ordered at the podium when you arrive for your meal. It won't be super decorated, but it won't be super pricey either. Last year they were under $20 and that still isn't cheap.

I passed on getting a cake as there is plenty of dessert at the buffets and they give the birthday kid his or her own decorated bday cupcake. As much as I wanted a podium cake I couldn't justify it. We celebrated my nephew's 6th bday at Chef Mickey's. He was only interested in the icing anyway so the cake would have either been a waste or ended up on my waist. :rotfl:

subscribing....gotta find out where that Mickey cake came from. :love:

***OHHHH, I think I know...the curtains in the background are the same as the pic. of the other cake. It must be GF.

Correct, both of the cakes I posted up top are from the GF bakery.

I think both (the 8" cake and the Mickey cake) were $40 delivered through private dining to the room. I bought one of the castle mini cakes this past Dec trip ($25, I think), but I don't know if I have a picture of that online yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter