Photos Of Upcoming SSR Refurb

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
I am excited about the upcoming refurb at SSR....It sounds like the resort will get a soft goods and hard goods update...

OKW will finish up in April or May from what Ive read so this should start fairly soon...

Here are some concept photos I found online... I like the changes!

ssr_info.jpg

SSR_bed.jpg

Love the changes! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for posting. I used to own at both BWV and SSR. And I had to sell my beloved BWV recently because of the financial implications of being a caregiver for many years. It is a choice I would make again without regret; but sad nonetheless. I really cherished my BWV contract.

Well, these pictures have really made my day. Changed my perspective somewhat on where I am at with DVC. Thank you!

Last edited:

We just booked for Sept 28-Oct 1. Standard studio. Any thoughts if we may be in an updated room ??

Looks like the couch splits, wondering if the single chair will be a sleeper?
From the looks of it - there is a "chaise" part of the couch that remains unchanged after the murphy bed is pulled down. I would absolutely think that is a "sleeper" type chair for a 5th person or the 4th who didn't want to share a pullout - assuming that person is not large. (Ex: my 2 teen aged boys wouldn't share that murphy bed - but the smaller of the 2 would sleep on that "chaise" part of the couch and not feel as if he is sharing a bed with his older brother in the murphy bed.) My 2 cents.

I don't think the chaise would be a pull out. It's right next to sofa pull out. Smack next to it. But I did hear, somewhere, that the TV may be a flip down bed.

I don't think the chaise would be a pull out. It's right next to sofa pull out. Smack next to it. But I did hear, somewhere, that the TV may be a flip down bed.
Right... I'm saying the last section of the couch with the chaise extender can be used as a bed.

Right... I'm saying the last section of the couch with the chaise extender can be used as a bed.

Agree, sometimes you do what you gotta do. For Christmas at my parents house we have 11 people sleeping in a house that has three beds. With their old living room set I would sleep on a chair combined with an ottoman. This year my husband and I slept on cots in the kitchen. Good times.

I am looking forward to getting more information re the remodel and possible TV bed. I am happy with the new look for my home resort.

The vendor for the wall bed was announced to be Inova at the 2017 owners meeting. I have not seen anything on their website that indicates that the side chair would be anything other than a day use chair with ottoman. But I’m sure they would build it anyway Disney desired within the constraints of space and engineering.

https://inovabed.com/sofa-wallbed

Do you mean under the TV there will be a Murphy bed or do you really mean that the TV will turn into a bed? o_O

Do you mean under the TV there will be a Murphy bed or do you really mean that the TV will turn into a bed? o_O
Ha, yeah the TV stand flip down...lol.

I guess a little kid could sleep on that chaise ottoman thing but not really anything we'd sleep on. My kiddos are all 20something and 5'9" to 5'11" tall. They'd use it for all their electronics to sit on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter