Photos from England

Scottwdw

Photographer
Big Ben striking 12 Noon.
bigben.jpg

Nikon D70, Sigma 28-70mm @ 70mm (ie, 105mm for DSLR)

Palladian Bridge in Prior Park, Bath.
palladian_bridge.jpg

Nikon D70, Nikon 80-200mm @ 200mm (ie., 300mm for DSLR)

It was a wonderful trip and for late October, the weather wasn't bad. Only rained all day once.

Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. Got any more??? :cool1:

Well....here's a couple of the Abbey in Bath. Note, all my low light photography is done at high ISO and hand held so not the sharpest. I find things to lean on, hold my breath, etc. Some do come out presentable.

Both of these were taken with the D70 with Sigma lens and at ISO 1600. See other data below each image.

abbey1.jpg

Lens at 28mm, 1/20, f3.8

abbey2.jpg

Lens at 34mm, 1/60, f4.5

Low lighting photography is our favorite flavor. I'll tell you, they look great. No tripod? ISO 1600 here I come! I have always hung around the ISO 100 on my Kodak DC4800 (with a tripod of course!), but I think the new D70 will do great at higher ISO settings. Thank you again!

PS love the flying buttresses (spelling?) :flower:

Muushka,

I believe you got the spelling correct. I added the shooting data for you. Remember these are resized images. The original size is 3008x2000. I do not use Long Exposure NR.

Yes, I've found the D70 high ISO very sharpe.

A couple of more London landmarks.

The Tower Bridge
tower_bridge.jpg

St. Paul's with the Millennium Bridge in the foreground.
stpaul2.jpg

The Britsh Museum allows photography in all their collections as long as you don't use a flash. Oh, boy, more high ISO and low shutter speeds here I come! Although the lighting gave working shutter speeds in the 1/30th to 1/60th range at ISO 800 to 1600. Sometimes you get a nice effect (see below as my daughter points out Socrates to me.) All pics are 100% crops.

Greek Philosophers
philosophers.jpg

Mummy Closeup
mummy.jpg

Greek Vase (think Disney's Hercules movie here ;) )
vase.jpg

They look great. I love not using a flash, so much more natural looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter