PhotoPass+

MinnieWebster

Mouseketeer
Has anyone purchased the PhotoPass+ for downloads of their photos and magic shots? I want to get it, so I don't have to worry about trying to get certain pictures, but DH wonders if it's really worth it. We will be spending 2 nights (probably at Disney's Hollywood Hotel, although we haven't booked a room yet), with 1.5 days in the parks.
Any thoughts? I feel like it's a reasonable price, but DH wonders if it is for 1 day, or the entire stay. Website doesn't really say...

Be aware too that there are separate PhotoPass products-- one good at the hotels (for character meals) and one good at the parks. It's a little bit of a strange setup being used to how it works in the US parks.

We got the one for the Parks on our last trip.
There was very few Photopass photographer.
Overall I felt that it was a waste.

I enjoy it b/c we can both be in the pics together. It’s nice having a professional take the pictures for us in all of our favorite spots.

I checked the photos... there was only of the front train station after the gate and at the Christmas tree.
Also at the meet and greets.
None at the Castle.

The only Magic shot they consistently do is "hold tinker bell in your hand". They have photopass fairly consistently for Mickey & Friends, Duffy & Friends and Royal Princess Garden. Pooh & Friends are hit and miss but I wouldn't expect photopass with other characters on most days. They will also take photos with your camera so you don't have to pay for photopass if your main concern is not having someone take photos for you.

Digital character photos will have the regular shot, one with the seasonal frame and one with the character's signature. 398 HKD per day is pretty expensive considering that California is only 15 USD per day for Maxpass.

We were lucky.... we had Pooh. Mickey & Mini and 2 photos with Tinker Bell on our palm and couple of rides photo.
There were 99 photos. Most of the 99 were actually triple.... a normal photo then with a red frame and then another one with a green frame. We had almost 50 photos of Mickey & Mini alone.... with 13 poses. LOL.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!