Photopass+ worth 60 euros for only four attractions?

Dingdingding

Mouseketeer
Ever since I heard about Memory Maker in WDW I am very enthusiast about the idea. Not too long ago I have discovered Photopass+ and since I will be visiting DLP at the end of March I was very keen on buying it. But since then I have started to doubt if Photopass+ would be right for me because:

- The thing I like about Memory Maker is that there are photographers in the park taking your picture. Since I need a good photo with my girlfriend I was hoping that was the case in DLP too, but now I found out that there is only a photographer near the castle (and they aren't even always there) and sometimes one in Studios.
- Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain will be closed so there are only four rides with a photo.
- Since I have won a trip to Disney I am not able to buy Photopass+ with the discount you get when you book a package). That means it is 60 euros
- I do not bring children with me and aren't planning on waiting an hour for a photo with Mickey or a princess.
- I love the fact that you can get an infinite number of photos on the rides. Otherwise I would buy at least two of these photos but I have no idea how much a photo costs.

Honestly, unless you are going to do tons of character meets then I wouldn't bother. Even at character meets there are always lots of CM's happy to take photos with you using your own camera/phone. I've also been at lots of character meets where there isn't a photographer there so even that doesn't guarantee it.

If I'm correct, I think you can collect any photopass pictures using the cards given to you at each photo, then decide later to buy the photo pass and they will all be added on for you. Not sure if you can do this with ride pictures too or not.

If you want ride photos there is nothing to stop you from using your own camera on the screens. Not the best quality I suppose but a saving on 60E. I think individual photos are around 12E but that may have changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter