Photopass - I'm confused!

ehsmum

DIS Veteran
I pre-ordered the CD and a photo book which are both sitting in my cart as credits. But how do I get my photos onto the CD? If I click add to cart, it wants to know what size print I want, it doesn't give me an option to add it to my CD.

I'm probably missing something very simple but I can't figure it out. Any advice much appreciated!

I have a prepaid CD sitting in my account too, Once you have entered your photopass card and all of the photos from your trip are in your photopass account and you have changed them, added borders etc.

You don't have to add the individual photos to the CD, from memory the whole album of photos are added to the CD and the credit will be applied to the CD that you order.

Now I am not sure that that makes sense. Same with the photobook, add the photobook that you have made to your shopping cart and the credit will be applied.

I haven't done this in ages, well I did at Christmas and in 2008 and I just remember adding the CD to my cart and the credit sitting in my account was applied and the charge for the CD that I was ordering was cancelled out.

Somebody who has done it recently may be able to help a little more.

So you mean just checkout and my photos will automatically go onto the CD? I've got 10 days left to order and am trying to make my photo book now. It's such a huge job!

You do need to order a photopass CD, add one to your cart.

I have just checked the photopass website and I am pretty sure that I remembered correctly. When you order the CD and add it to your cart it will included all of your photos and then the CD credit that is in you account will be added to your order. :thumbsup2

This is from the photopass website

Disney's PhotoCD includes all original Disney's PhotoPass photos from your account plus copies of any Disney's PhotoPass photos you have edited by cropping or adding graphics. If you have not added any graphics to your photos, the graphics will not be automatically added when you purchase the PhotoCD. The PhotoCD will not include any of your personal uploaded photos. Images will be in .jpg format and are high resolution (300 dpi) so that you can obtain high-quality prints.

Disney's PhotoCD will only contain the photos that currently exist in your account in the "Disney's PhotoPass Photos" album. Photos from multiple Disney's PhotoPass accounts cannot be combined onto one CD.

Note: We suggest you review all of the images in your account and make any edits to your photos prior to purchasing your PhotoCD to ensure your photos include the borders and signatures you desire. The PhotoCD includes all Disney's PhotoPass photos in your account at the time of purchase but will not include any of your personal uploaded photos. The price of the PhotoCD is the same regardless of the number of photos in your account.

Oh I know about the photobook :lmao: I ordered that and I had been working on it for hours and hours. It was almost done, I had less than 24hours to go and something happened to my computer and Internet Explorer shut down. :sad::sad: OMG, I screamed so loud, everybody came running (even the pets :lmao: ) I had LOST THE LOT!!!!! Yes, I know, I should have saved it along the way but I just was so into it that I didn't think. So I had 24 hours to whip up another whole book and it was no where near as good as the one I had slaved over.

So my tip, SAVE along the way after every page :rotfl2:

I got to within 3 days before I panicked! :rotfl2:

It's not very informative, is it? I even used their email helpdesk and didn't get an appropriate answer. So, out of desperation, I posted a thread in the Strategies section of the forum and got an answer in 10 minutes. If I find that thread, I'll update with a link. [Edit - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2489142&highlight=photopass]

If you haven't worked it out, here's what I did in May for PHOTOPASS PHOTOS only. I didn't order the book.
1. Add all the photopass cards to your account. (I'll assume that you have already done these)

2. Go to Enhance>Disney's Photopass Photos and add your borders, special effects etc. I was saving each photo as a new file instead of overwriting the original. (I think that if you know what print size you are going to print your photos in, this is the time to select it so that it is sized appropriately and save as separate files).

3. (As I don't have any photos left, I can't go in and check this step) When you're done, go to View All and Order. Select Photopass CD from the selection. You don't have to individually select any or all of the photos. Just order the CD.

4. At the checkout/cart, you will still need to pay about $18 (?? It's either $8 or $18) for international shipping. Your prepayment will be noted at this point and you should see a charge for the CD and the prepayment credit for the CD as a separate line item. (And there will be a line for the International Shipping as well)

My CD arrived within 7 days of my placing my order.

If you have prepaid for your photobook, I would assume that the same View All and Order step would work?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the advice. I figured it out and and my order is on the way!! Anyone want to see my photo book? PM me your email address and I can email it to you. It will be online till 10 Sep.

Does anyone know what levels of photobook are available for the pre-payment offer. I'm about to start working on my book. Can I choose the custom cover or am I limited?

TIA!

Thanks for all the advice. I figured it out and and my order is on the way!! Anyone want to see my photo book? PM me your email address and I can email it to you. It will be online till 10 Sep.

Glad you figured it out! I was reading this thread with interest as it will be my turn come the end of the year. I would LOVE to see your photobook. Will PM you my email address.

Does anyone know what levels of photobook are available for the pre-payment offer. I'm about to start working on my book. Can I choose the custom cover or am I limited?

TIA!

I did the $49.95 (I think) pre-paid offer and got up to $79.95 of value which included 20 pages and the custom cover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!