Photo Pass

Sflanigan1110

Earning My Ears
I looked on here but couldn't find what I'm looking for (I will admit that I am horrible at searching forums).

My question is do the Cruise Lines have a "Photo Pass" like they have at Disney Parks? This will be my families first Disney Cruise and we are all VERY excited. We have three sons (ages 11, 8 & 5) and have been to DW three times and love the different photo opportunities.

My other question would be how often do they have the photo opps like in DW where you would actually stand in line?

Thanks!!!

51 DAYS UNTIL WE SET SAIL!!!

There are tons of photo ops with the characters, check your daily navigator for times and locations. The characters also wear different themed costumes throughout the cruise. They even make appearances on CC. Take your camera with you, every character has a photographer and a CM with them. The CM will take pictures with your camera in addition to the photographer. There are some instances where you can't use your own camera and they will let you know.

Take you camera with you everywhere. Characters make unscheduled appearances and you never know who you will see around a corner.

We just sailed on the Dream for New Years. The photographers scan room key card when they take pictures with characters. At shutters you scan card to look at/order pictures.
They have character spots pretty much all throughout the day. Mostly around atrium and deck 4 balcony and at preludes. On castaway the characters were scattered out between gangway and rustmore.
Pinocchio, Jiminy cricket, and a couple others were just out the first 2 or 3 days so if you want them get them early. Also, seems like Donald and Daisy were not out as much.
The best time for us was the see ya real soon thing on the atrium the last evening. Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Pluto, and Chip and Dale were all there. But it only lasts for about 20 minutes or so and there were a ton of people there.
The navigator has a time guide of the appearances but be sure to look at the other paper too. It had the characters listed with the times they were to be out. This list was easier for us.

There is not a website you can go to after the cruise and order pics or CD's, etc, like with Photo Pass.

What there is is photographers from an independent contractor that will be around the ship, taking photos with the characters, taking posed family photos, taking occasional pictures at meals, etc. During your cruise, you can go to their shop, Shutters, and look at your pictures, buy any prints you might like, purchase a picture plan if you think you're going to want a lot of prints, purchase a CD of all the pictures from your cruise, etc. But you have to buy everything you want before you leave the cruise.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter