Photo of birthday dessert...

The previous *cake* resembled a scoop of formed mashed potatoes ... like we used to get in high school. If was AWFUL. The new dessert looks like some sort of mousse. I concur ... a small size (such as this, and the previous) would tend to be less waste ... but I will have top opt for something else. The new dessert looks BLAH!

Never saw that one. The one that you quoted and that I was speaking of used to be like an 8th of a sheet cake with a chocolate banner on it.

And for the person who was talking about Carnival, DCL has actual Cakes you can buy as well. They come with the celebration packages.

6838046569_f5f6ccca71_m.jpg

This was the Birthday cake we ordered for my mum on the Magic (Aug 2011). Had to place the order 24 hours in advance from Guest Services and there were lots of sizes and flavours to choose from. There was a cost...around $25. The cake was delicious and fed our table of 6 plus our server & assistant server.

We have sailed several times on Disney however never for a birthday. They have noted our reservation for my husband's birthday. Will the head server check with me? On Carnival I have had to purchase the cake and tell them what night. Thanks in advance for the replies.

EVERY DCL cruise is a celebration ... whether it be a birthday, anniversary (etc).

As a side note to a previous response from another DISer, feel free to ask your server if they can do "x" or "y" for your husband (when your server is not near the table, so hubby does not hear). As an example, if your husband like Escargot ... mention it to your server on day one. Your server can arrange for the appetizer to be available one day prior to, and/or one day after the normal serving. Your server will sometimes have to go through the head server ... but little treats like this are often appreciated by various guests.

==========

Newfoundland Sailor - That cake looks SWEET! :thumbsup2

Steven

We were totally surprised when they brought out this anniversary dessert in addition to the regular desserts we'd ordered. It was a lovely surprise and we enjoyed it along w/ our other desserts. :)

DSCF6580.jpg

Here's what they gave my mom last week on the Dream for her 60th-- sorry not a great photo....

i04-CourtsCruisepics179.jpg

They also gave her a pin. Of course we bought her these Mickey Ears on board (they say "It's my birthday!") and made her wear them all day. She was a good sport for a while!!

h01-Bethscameracruisepics191.jpg

The new dessert looks yummy! My son and I will both be celebrating our birthdays on the ship next year that is why I started this thread. Thanks for sharing.

We celebrated both our anniversary and our dd's birthday on our last cruise and we preferred the regular desserts to the little celebration chocolate cake/mousse thing. We each only had a little bite of it to taste and it was just really dry, almost stale tasting. Our tablemates didn't like it either. We will be celebrating my bday and dh's on the next cruise but we're not telling them we're celebrating anything. Don't really want the cake that got wasted at our table! It also came AFTER regular dessert and the server asked us to wait for it and it just made dinner too long for my toddler! That said, if someone likes the extra attention and having the servers sing, then go for it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!