Photo of birthday dessert...

mammacaryn

DIS Veteran
Hi. Since it seems they seem to have done away with the little cake with the chocolate banner on it in the dining rooms for birthdays and anniversaries, does anyone have a photo of the new desserts they use? Thanks in advance-I was just curious.

We were on the Wonder January 22-29th and this is what my husband got for his birthday:

P1140627.jpg

It was good! :)

We were on the Wonder January 22-29th and this is what my husband got for his birthday:

We got the same on our honeymoon and someone else at our table for their anniversary. Only difference was they wrote congratulations in chocolate on the plate rather than the chocolate piece on top. We thought it was just ok. Next time we wont be telling the head server we are celebrating anything.

Can I note that its my DDs bday even though we aren't technically sailing on her bday? Its on xmas and we are going mid jan but it is her bday gift.

Can I note that its my DDs bday even though we aren't technically sailing on her bday? Its on xmas and we are going mid jan but it is her bday gift.

On the first night of our cruise the head server came over and asked if anyone had a special occasion during the cruise. Just tell him then that it is her birthday cruise.

I have seen those dessert and others. I think it might depend on what the pastry chef wants to make for that cruise. Whatever you get it will sure be good and tasty!!!

Happy Cruising!!!

Honestly I don't remember.. It was on the last night when we had baked alaskan, but I am thinking it was a chocolate Mousse under a chocolate Ganache.

That's funny--my husband's was on baked Alaska night as well. We had the regular dessert and then had a bite of the birthday one. I had actually gone to the PV walmart earlier in the day and bought him a Mexican birthday crown and party blowers--

P1140624.jpg

P1140627.jpg

Our daughters got this as well on our 15-19 Jan Dream cruise... Only it sadbHappy Birthday in chocolate on the plate.. No banner. It was pretty good. In my opinion, but I don't know what they used to serve so nothing to compare to...

They used to have a piece of cake (small cake or large piece-depending on how you look at it :) ). I heard it was was just ok though. Sounds like this dessert is better. thanks for sharing the photos.

I still can't seem to figure out how to post a photo, but on our last cruise (November 2010) we celebrated my kids' birthdays on different nights (they are twins, but still want their own day). They each received an entire CAKE that had strawberry icing between the layers and a white chocolate banner with a chocolate "photo" of the ship. It was beautiful, but way too much cake!

I'd say each cake would have fed about 6 - 8 people, easily.

They used to have a piece of cake (small cake or large piece-depending on how you look at it :) ). I heard it was was just ok though. Sounds like this dessert is better. thanks for sharing the photos.

I always felt like it was such a waste because it was such a huge piece of cake and of all the times I or someone in my family have gotten it, only a couple of bites were taken. And it was "just ok". I agree that the new dessert looks much better!

We have sailed several times on Disney however never for a birthday.
They have noted our reservation for my husband's birthday. Will the head server check with me? On Carnival I have had to purchase the cake and tell them what night. Thanks in advance for the replies.

We have sailed several times on Disney however never for a birthday.
They have noted our reservation for my husband's birthday. Will the head server check with me? On Carnival I have had to purchase the cake and tell them what night. Thanks in advance for the replies.

The head server will come talk to everyone the first night. He will ask if anyone is celebrating anything special while on-board. If you say yes he will ask what and when and make a note of it. They will bring out the small dessert and sing happy birthday. The sang "happy honeymoon" to me and DH and "happy anniversary" to another couple at our table. They sang it to the tune of happy birthday. We don't like having a fuss made and honestly the regular desserts were much better IMHO so for our anniversary cruise next year we are not going to tell the head server we are celebrating.

I always felt like it was such a waste because it was such a huge piece of cake and of all the times I or someone in my family have gotten it, only a couple of bites were taken. And it was "just ok". I agree that the new dessert looks much better!

The previous *cake* resembled a scoop of formed mashed potatoes ... like we used to get in high school. If was AWFUL. The new dessert looks like some sort of mousse. I concur ... a small size (such as this, and the previous) would tend to be less waste ... but I will have top opt for something else. The new dessert looks BLAH!

I dont have a photo ... I do have video though if you really need to see it. They made my son a special cake - a whole cake - because of his dairy allergy. It was really sweet of them to do so. I really didn't expect it.
They actually make him a special dairy free dessert each night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!