Philly to Vancouver Air, Hotel,, Etc Questions,

When we sailed out of Vancouver in 2012, we found the flight prices very high to fly into Vancouver. So we flew into Seattle for a couple of days, then took Amtrak to Vancouver and it was just the most wonderful train trip (the scenery is amazing). And it still costs us less than flying into Vancouver directly.

We live in Vancouver and used to often fly out of Seattle because of the difference in flight prices. I haven't found the difference to be substantial enough to be worthwhile in the last few years but it's always worth comparing the two.

We live in Vancouver and used to often fly out of Seattle because of the difference in flight prices. I haven't found the difference to be substantial enough to be worthwhile in the last few years but it's always worth comparing the two.

In 2012 it was significant, but I haven't flown out that way since. It may very well have levelled off since then, but we sure did enjoy Seattle and that train trip. ::yes::

In 2012 it was significant, but I haven't flown out that way since. It may very well have levelled off since then, but we sure did enjoy Seattle and that train trip. ::yes::

Yep. In 2015 when we cruised out of Port Canaveral it was something like 300 more a person. Times 3 that was really significant. For more recent trips I haven't found much of a difference. We still fly out of Seattle sometimes so that we can take a nonstop red eye. I definitely wouldn't rule out that option.

We live in the Philly area. When we did our Alaska cruise, we went from Newark to Vancouver so that we could take a direct flight. It worked out great for us. We took a shuttle from our home to the Newark airport.

Thanks so much! Will look into this!

We had some trouble in 2017 doing a EWR>YVR non-stop on "United" that was operated by Air Canada. Planned to get in late afternoon the day before and stay at a hotel in Richmond (near the airport), then take the SkyTrain to the Port the next day.

Didn't exactly work out that way since Air Canada kept on delaying the flight, finally cancelling ~11:30 PM Eastern (promising that we would get out the next day on the early flight).

It was not easy, nor inexpensive, and we only got 2 hrs of sleep, but my DW made a command decision and booked us on a separate one-way, non-stop, connecting flight leaving from EWR the next morning at 5:30am. With the time change, the taxi from Vancouver airport got us to Canada Place by ~1pm Pacific Time, and we were on our way.

It turned out that a few families that stayed with Air Canada missed the cruise as the non-stop flight they were "promised" to be rebooked on that was scheduled to leave at 11am, didn't leave until 1pm, getting them to Vancouver after 4pm.

So . . . on future cruises . . . we try to get to a remote city EARLY, do our sight-seeing BEFORE the cruise, and then leave from the cruise directly to the airport after. Yeah, we learned. And it was painful/expensive.

Vancouver and Seattle are great cities to visit. You can spend three days in each and not get bored. If you have time add some local sightseeing before your cruise.

Vancouver and Seattle are great cities to visit. You can spend three days in each and not get bored. If you have time add some local sightseeing before your cruise.

I truly loved both of these cities -- we spent 5 days in Seattle and 3 in Vancouver. Be sure to get a Japadog in Vancouver!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter