Petition/request for new dedicated Forum "D.O.C.'s"

As the first Forum dedicated to Disney fans Of Color, do you support/ welcome "D.O.C.'s"?

• Yes, This is a good idea for both people of Color & their allies

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • no

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AKL Ranger

Mouseketeer
Hello all,
I bet when you clicked on this you might be thinking this was a post about medical professionals who wear mouse ears to work? I would not be surprised to find a post or two about that. This is a request for an equally relevant idea for a Forum, that deserves to be featured as a permanently featured Forum.
In light of recent developments in America and around the world, Disney fan's of color have created conversation threads all over Dis'Board to discuss issues and funny experiences that related directly to people of color and our allies.
here is the link for the thread "D.O.C's" - Dis'ers Of Color
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d-o-c-s-disers-of-color-disney-fans-of-color.3806309/

Understanding what your Vote in the poll means. If you have positive things to contribute then everyone is welcomed.
If the topic is of no interest then disregard the poll.

Hi there Fellow Dis'ers.
I have experienced sincere warmth and welcomes from Pete, John and Kevin, Corey and @Ryno. When attending past events, I have to look around and ask "where are the Black & Brown, Disney fans of color?" I know you are out there because I am not the only Brown man who loves Disney

The creation of "D.O.C.'s" Dis'ers Of Color is not meant to separate people, instead, let us create a forum topic for Dis'er Of Color and our allies. All "Allies" (anyone and everyone) are welcomed. We define Allies as anyone (regardless of color) who is willing to share and contribute positively while respecting the experiences/ views of people of color.
This is mean to explore topics that promote inclusion and diversity from the viewpoint of people of color.

We have received overwhelming and positive messages of support for this from many Dis'ers of all colors.
We can discuss everything from "Who else was glad to see the Dixie Landings Resort sign come down?" Has anyone see Pocahontas and Tianna lately?" The latest nod to cultural awareness, Disney's announcement of re-theming of "Splash Moutain redo as "Princess Tianna & Friends Bayou Splash."
What do you all think of a "D.O.C.'s" forum/ Topic? "Doc" is one of my favorite dwarfs.
If you do not understand a reference or viewpoint it is better to ask than make statements out of ignorance. All discussions should be respectful, negative, or hate speech will not be tolerated.

The request for creating a dedicated forum for Disney fans of Color was due to the overwhelming response to the following post
"a question about the Black experience at Walt Disney World."
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...alt-disney-world.3804076/page-9#post-62085370

Wishing you all Peace and Love and the love of things Disney, be well and stay safe. And wear your face mask if not for yourself, for the health of someone you care about.

Gilbert
The AKL (Animal Kingdom Lodge) Ranger

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter