Petition Drive - Parks IT?

CBMom01

DIS Veteran
Think it would do any good to start a petition drive to Disney focused on the big and growing technology problems? Maybe that message will have a better chance if it’s not mixed in with noise about Genie + and Covid rules?

The best, and really only way, to get Di$ney's attention is to speak with your wallet and stop supporting them. But we all know that very few will do that. I am 100% sure they know about all of the complaints and IT issues and yet people are still going, where is their motivation to change? Money talks. My .02¢

No, it probably wouldn't do any good. Can't tell you how many times a week technology doesn't perform as I expect it should - and that is way beyond Disney. I get as frustrated as the next guest with Disney's failures at times. But 21st century tech is a very fast moving field with a number of non-standard sources being used. By the time you got Disney to look at their current problems (which I expect they do every day anyway), they'll be 5 versions beyond, and there will be new, difficult challenges at that point. New browsers, new operating systems, new security risks, etc - happening every day.

No, it probably wouldn't do any good. Can't tell you how many times a week technology doesn't perform as I expect it should - and that is way beyond Disney. I get as frustrated as the next guest with Disney's failures at times. But 21st century tech is a very fast moving field with a number of non-standard sources being used. By the time you got Disney to look at their current problems (which I expect they do every day anyway), they'll be 5 versions beyond, and there will be new, difficult challenges at that point. New browsers, new operating systems, new security risks, etc - happening every day.
I get that, but Disney's technology is not performing at reasonable standards - particularly not for a company of their size. My concern is that when the technology fails the whole parks experience fails now. This isn't occasional downtime or performance issues. MDE (app or online - so as a non-tech expert I assume this is a back-end infrastructure issue) genuinely doesn't work consistently enough to be relied upon and Disney does not appear to have any viable workarounds in place.

The best, and really only way, to get Di$ney's attention is to speak with your wallet....I am 100% sure they know about all of the complaints and IT issues and yet people are still going, where is their motivation to change? Money talks. My .02¢
...:scratchin...I dunno about that....lookit the uproar folks made about eliminating noodles from 'OHana's...they eventually added it back on to their menu. If enough people squawk, Disney eventually listens...

@kimmar067 but they didnt' try to do a petition, you have to call, twit, email whatever and a lot of people have to do it. I am not 100% convinced that all these problems are either by design or they keep band-aid fixing until they have something new. I just don't think petitions do much good. Speak with your wallet.

@kimmar067 ....you have to call, twit, email whatever and a lot of people have to do it. I am not 100% convinced that all these problems are either by design or they keep band-aid fixing until they have something new. I just don't think petitions do much good. Speak with your wallet.
THAT'S definitely an attention-getter, for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter