Petite scrub TOPS

Mrs. Bradbury

It will ALWAYS be the PeopleMover!
For those short ladies who wear scrubs, do petite scrub tops exist? I do not mean petite in size, but length. My daughter needs new scrubs. Unfortunately, she gained weight due to one of her medications, and no longer takes the medication. She is losing weight but it's coming off much slower than she put it on.

She would need probably the first plus size, or XXL, but anything she's found is so long it looks like a dress. She can pay to have them altered, but that's sometimes more than the shirt costs! And due to the fact that they get so much funk on them in the course of a shift, she replaces them every 6 months or so, so it's not like she wants to make a huge investment in them. But, she's young and wants to look cute, of course. :cutie:

I've suggested that she wear scrub dresses, but she has to have her legs covered and doesn't want to wear hose. even though she should be wearing compression hose - rant over

It's easy enough to find petite length scrub pants, but I haven't found ANY petite scrub tops online. If not petite, are there some brands/styles that are known to be shorter?

Thanks for your help and advice.

I am not sure on size but nursing school kicked my but and I put on 40lbs due to how much I was sitting and studying while snacking to stay awake... I'm about a size 18 now and 5ft tall 190 lbs. I am also hypothyroid so that makes it worse ... any how.... My go to scrubs are vera bradley by and away. I don't feel like I am wearing a tent and they have amazing pockets. I am an XL in tops and bottoms.... The shirt I wear is called the Halo Nettie Vneck scrub top... I don't like the other styles much.. this one has the best pockets and I am all about pockets. I wear their cargo scrub pant... I also own and like carhartt but I prefer the veras.

As for durability. So far in over 6 months no fading, tears, rips, seam issues, still look like the day I bought them... and you don't need to iron, and so far no stains have stuck and that includes leaving a pen uncapped in my pocket :) The only down side is they don't have a matching jacket in royal blue ... I wear a greys anatomy jacket.... oh it's about 25-30$ per top or bottom and sometimes it's on amazon... my local store carries them but usually has to order my size.

I am not sure on size but nursing school kicked my but and I put on 40lbs due to how much I was sitting and studying while snacking to stay awake... I'm about a size 18 now and 5ft tall 190 lbs. I am also hypothyroid so that makes it worse ... any how.... My go to scrubs are vera bradley by and away. I don't feel like I am wearing a tent and they have amazing pockets. I am an XL in tops and bottoms.... The shirt I wear is called the Halo Nettie Vneck scrub top... I don't like the other styles much.. this one has the best pockets and I am all about pockets. I wear their cargo scrub pant... I also own and like carhartt but I prefer the veras.

As for durability. So far in over 6 months no fading, tears, rips, seam issues, still look like the day I bought them... and you don't need to iron, and so far no stains have stuck and that includes leaving a pen uncapped in my pocket :) The only down side is they don't have a matching jacket in royal blue ... I wear a greys anatomy jacket.... oh it's about 25-30$ per top or bottom and sometimes it's on amazon... my local store carries them but usually has to order my size.

Thank you so much! I've sent her a link to VB.

I buy my scrubs on amazon. She may have a better selection on there if she hasn't tried yet.

I used to find them at Walmart, I was always looking for cute pediatric prints, I worked in a peds office and even front desk folks like me wore scrubs (so comfortable!!)

Yes, FIG shows up on my Facebook all the time for having petite scrubs, jogger cuff scrubs, etc. Not sure why it even pops up since no one in my family needs or wears scrubs yet. LOL. DD is in medical program at school but is in 10th grade, will not intern until 12th grade.

https://www.wearfigs.com/

Yes, FIG shows up on my Facebook all the time for having petite scrubs, jogger cuff scrubs, etc. Not sure why it even pops up since no one in my family needs or wears scrubs yet. LOL. DD is in medical program at school but is in 10th grade, will not intern until 12th grade.

https://www.wearfigs.com/

Thanks. Several sites have petite pants, but she was particularly looking for petite TOPS.

Make sure it’s the HALO type the other types are not as forgiving and the fabric not as nice

I just wanted to come back and thank you; my daughter LOVES her VB scrubs. She initally bought just a couple of pieces and has gone back more than once for more, and scrub jackets, also. Everyone in her department loves them, too! They were surprised to know that they're not any more expensive than regular scrubs. Thanks for your help! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter