Peter Pan route/strategy?

She must be unique. When she was three we had two park days where she didn’t nap, two that she did. We attempted them every day. Granted she was in the stroller a lot more than I think she will be this time but she made it. No late nights though. Hoping for at least one late night this time.

If you find that she needs a short break, but not a real nap, try a visit with Mr. Lincoln. Oldest stopped naps early (sigh... not a great eater, not a great sleeper -- how did I get so lucky?) and refused to be in a stroller by 3, so we planned lots of short breaks throughout the day, like Tiki Room and what became the tradition of Great Naps with Mr. Lincoln. DH would nap and Oldest would just rest in the a/c. (Took him forever to realize that GMWML was actually a tribute to a real, historic person and not a rest area.) A ride on the train works well, too. That should get you the extra push you'll need to make it for one late night.

Last edited:
This trip my DD at 5.5 went from RP to close at midnight with no rest for the first time ever. On other trips she’s fallen asleep on me. If you think she needs a rest try a show, DD slept on me all through Aladdin. She also slept on me on the train so I just stayed on until she woke up. I’ve also had her sleep on me while holding a spot for parades and fireworks. It can be hard to know until you are there how a child will do but there are lots of options if you want to try a rest and try it without a stroller. It was crazy hot when we were there a couple of weeks ago so we stopped at the Pixar short fests in both parks for some a/c and resting our feet. The kids loved them even though we had already seen most of them. She could nap or even just rest.

Thank you all for the great tips and ideas on rests and breaks. I'm sure they will come in very handy! I always considered myself a DL pro, but throw in the unknown of a kiddo and that all falls away! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter