Peter Pan fan

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Jeniferdwn, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Jeniferdwn

Jeniferdwn DIS Veteran

Hi, i hope this is the right board. I am a peter pan-a-holic. I even have a tattoo of Peter Pan, since there are so few Peter Pan items. I went all through Disney Springs during spring break and only found a pin, nothing else. I was very disappointed. So my dd's friend is there to celebrate a graduation. She is 16 and she is painfully shy. Wont talk to many people even if she knows them. She saw Peter Pan walking and somehow she got up enough courage to ask him for a picture for me. He told her no, that he was not taking pictures he was just walking. I am shocked that a character said that even to a teenager. I'm sure it was devastating for her as hard as it was to go up to him. Is that a normal response from a character? I feel so bad for her. thanks!

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  2. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

Unfortunately your DD wouldn't be the only person asking him to stop for a photo. Sometimes they can stop, sometimes they are headed offstage on a specific timetable. Just check the app next time to see when and where he will be back out.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. JerseyJanice

JerseyJanice A Disboards original...

That Peter fellow is always hard to catch. ;)

5. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

Hah! :laughing:

Jeniferdwn and JerseyJanice like this.
  6. MomOTwins

MomOTwins The Mommy Fairy

Normal that they can't stop to take photos (they only take photos at the designated times/locations in the app), but they are usually a bit nicer about it. I remember one time the kids wanted to see Mulan in Epcot but we got there just as they doing the last photo. The cast member told us she had to leave now and couldn't take photos, but nicely offered to let the kids walk with her. They walked alongside and chattered with until she had to leave the path. Sorry your neice did not have a magical encounter.

I understand that with the release of the Peter Pan movie from the "vault" there were some special events in the park related to it, so perhaps that is why this Peter Pan was a bit rushed. But realistically, if they stop for one person, a line will immediately form of a ton of people wanted to be next, who will then say it isn't fair he took a picture with one girl but not them.

marcyleecorgan likes this.
  7. Jeniferdwn

Jeniferdwn DIS Veteran

You're right, I guess i thought that's kind of like something the characters are supposed to do.

8. Jeniferdwn

Jeniferdwn DIS Veteran

Oh, i didn't know they had special stuff. We're 8 hours away so we don't get to hear much disney news!

9. nighttowll

nighttowll DIS Veteran

Very normal. You have to think of it as she was essentially cutting in line. Maybe not knowingly, but she was.

The characters appear in certain designated spots for meet and greets where they will autograph something and take a picture with you. Lines for these character meets can get very long. Especially for popular characters where the line could be over an hour or more. I think when Anna and Elsa first came out there were reported waits up to 6 hours to meet them. Disney even offers FP you can use to reserve meeting characters as well.

Many times you wait for a long time, only to be next in line, and the character leaves for a break. Then you have to wait through the break, until they return. I know if I had been waiting in line and then saw a character stop to take a pic with someone who skipped the line and just walked right up to them when they had gone on break, I’d be pretty upset. You have to think of it from that point of view.

I’m sure he wasn’t trying to be rude or anything, but when characters are moving from point A to B, they are on a schedule. They will usually smile or wave to you. Maybe even talk to you as they walk if it isn’t too disruptive, and you are always free to take their picture at anytime. Your friends DD could have taken a pic if she wanted, just not a posed one. They can’t stop to pose for you. That’s what the meet and greet is for, and just like with any other attraction, you need to wait in line like everyone else or use a FP.

It’s especially important that the cast members in full body suits get breaks on time as there are rules in place governing how long a person can safely stay in those types of costumes. It’s very easy to become overheated in those, and no one wants Mickey passing out in front of the kids or anything.

10. amw

amw need a new tag

My DD18 is a huge Peter Pan fan. I have found lots of goodies at Disney Springs & the park over the years. Most recently: There’s a Peter Pan ornament at the Christmas shop. There was a Jim Shore statuette of Peter Pan riding his “ride” boat at the Marketplace gallery. There was a whole line of “off to Neverland” kitchenware and towels and pillows. Pandora released a Peter Pan charm to celebrate the anniversary. Alex and Ani have a new set of Peter Pan bracelets. There was a Peter Pan zip-up sweatshirt at the new Disney Corner Store. You could order Peter Pan phone cases. There’s a Peter Pan hat at stores that sell the mouse ears - that can be monogrammed. There’s a customized MagicBand. Tons of mugs. For awhile there was a dooney&burkes Peter Pan sketch bag. And, we purchased a Peter Pan sketch last year for her to frame.

If anyone has seen other items recently - let me know! :rotfl:

Micca and Jeniferdwn like this.
  11. gap2368

gap2368 DIS Veteran

If this was Disney world then he has his own meet and greet round from his ride he meet there pretty much all day ( he does take breaks) but this would be where you can see him and have a picture taken with him

Jeniferdwn likes this.
  12. Jeniferdwn

Jeniferdwn DIS Veteran

We didn't see anything. I asked in every store because i didn't see anything. I would LOVE to have bought some kitchen items as i have 2 pics in there, one my daughter drew and one that's a lithograph. A pillow would've been great too. Every person I asked in every shop said they didn't have anything. I was so disappointed. I had saved money since Christmas to shop and I took my ds and dd and her boyfriend (who had as much fun as the 10 yr old) to Legoland 1 day and we spent one day at disney springs. I just saw the phone cases last night. That's on my bday list!

13. Micca

Micca SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather

14. Jeniferdwn

Jeniferdwn DIS Veteran

Micca likes this.
  15. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

While characters are normally nice about it, once they are away from where their meet and greet is, they are not supposed to stop for photos/autographs, etc. They are on a vert tight schedule. Until they leave the area, a replacement cannot come back to the meet and greet.

16. arcticdisneylovers

arcticdisneylovers DIS Veteran

I bought a peter pan salt and pepper set on our last trip! Love it!!!

Jeniferdwn likes this.
  17. jemlover

jemlover Mouseketeer

I collect Jim Shore Disney figurines and have several Peter Pan items including Peter Pan in the WDW ride boat. You can go online to Jim Shore's website and they might have something. I would also check Amazon or Ebay.

Jeniferdwn likes this.