PET pic of the day at the Fort and at home.

We picked these two up at a shelter last year. Two of our dogs one 12 and the other 13 died within two days of each other last August. They have adapted to their new surroundings quite well, gotta love shelter dogs.

IMG_3773.jpg

breakfast.jpg

beau_in_bow.jpg

Maybe that's what we did wrong! We adopted our newest "kid" from a shelter Jan '07 and she STILL won't go near my DH. She is terrified of him although he's never done anything to her. Maybe we need to get her all ice-creamed-up and out on the boat!! Oh, maybe that's not a good idea. She has issues with motion sickness,too...:sad2:

They make ice cream for dogs. Everytime i see it in the frozen section i wonder how many people have bought it for their kids.

VaCamper...Ive never seen this...but Id be willing to bet that the ice cream for dogs probably is more nutritious than regular ice cream!!! I bet its more expensive too.

It's not so much the Ice Cream as it is the Walleye that got'm :thumbsup2

mandy.jpg

This picture....coupled with Frank and Denises Turtle Pooch....may be the best combination of photos Ive come across on the net!!!! He is just a'lickin' dem chops waiting for the slightest mistake!!!!:rotfl:

Hi..well, she may not be my pet...but at FW in May of 1975 she was everyones' pet. I guess I am a bit late posting a picture of her --- but this deer would come by the beach at FW most every afternoon in May, 1975 to sit and enjoy some of the nice shade. Smart girl, knew to take a nice quiet nap in the afternoon, while the people went over to the MK to see the parade. There was only the MK then and also Treasure Island just across from FW.

Things like this with animals were common back then. Maybe because FW was so new and maybe because it was a much smaller area.

Folks coming off the Magic Kingdom/Treasure Islands boats would stop to say Hi and no one bothered her. So, I guess she was everyones' pet at that time. After a nice shady rest and nap, she often walked down the beach towards the area that would eventually become River Country. I guess FW has grown a lot since then. Presently, I doubt you might see her or others like her napping on the beach. It was just a very special time back then. We are happy we were there to experience it.

CopyofIMG0067.jpg

Enjoy

What a beautiful animal.
Are those sail boats that I see in the back ground on the lake ?
Did they rent sail boats at that time ?

Yes, they rented sail boats, canoes & small motor boats/ This was May of 1975. The motor boats were a bit bigger than the water sprrites they now rent. Campers also swam in the lake water back then. It seemed quite clean then. The area where the deer is resting is just to the right as you walked towards the boat dock. Further down the beach there was the beginning of a swamp trail. It was sort of spooky but fun and safe. People liked to rent canoes for rides along a nice stream near that swamp trail. There always seemed to be loads of things to do and lots of Disney activities. I guess, since there was only the Magic Kingdom and no other park then Disney made sure there was pleanty of fun family stuff to keep us all busy at FW.

KevinNYC, thanks for the response.:thumbsup2 I enjoy learning about Disney past. I lived in Fl. when the World open , was a teenager and could not have cared less,,Now the whole family loves Disney and I can only learn about all the great stuff I missed out on.

This is Brandy.
DSC00169.jpg

She's 15 now and has been an avid camper her entire life. On Sat. she was diagnosed with advanced liver cancer and I took this picture of her that afternoon. It's been an emotional few days to say the least. Enjoy your pets.....you never know what's waiting around the corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter