Pet friendly hotel on I95 between NYC and Orlando

SamRoc

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed at a hotel on I95 about halfway between NYC and Orlando that allows pets? (5 lb. yorkie) We usually fly, but have 11 days in Feb. so we decided to drive. It usually takes us 18 hours when we drive through, so we thought we would drive about 10 hours or so then stop. thanks.

We have a well mannered 13 lb West Highland Terrier and we don't ask, we just take her in. I just wrap her in a blanket, put her under my arm like a football and go to the room. I'm not suggesting this, I'm just telling you what we do on the road.

Bill From PA

Please don't do what Bill did. Hotels that accept pets block specific rooms for them and keep other rooms pet free for travelers who are either allergic to pet fur/dander, or just prefer to sleep in a room that hasn't been previously occupied by an animal.

This web site should help you find a suitable lodging: http://www.petswelcome.com/

FWIW, my DH drives from nirthern central NJ to FL and back every month. He does it in one straight shot, leaving on a Saturday or Sunday morning at around 4-5 am in both directions. He can make it in under 17 hours. He doesn't drive more than 5 mph over the speed limit. Sometimes stopping can be a lot more tiring then just getting there, but take your body and mind into consideration. If you get tired driving a few hours, don't try it. And don't expect anyone to really sleep in the car while another is driving. I know that I can't make that drive straight. I can do it if I can take two 20-30 minute naps though.

Anne

SamRoc said:
Has anyone stayed at a hotel on I95 about halfway between NYC and Orlando that allows pets? (5 lb. yorkie) We usually fly, but have 11 days in Feb. so we decided to drive. It usually takes us 18 hours when we drive through, so we thought we would drive about 10 hours or so then stop. thanks.

Jamison Hotel off I-95 in Wilson, NC accepts pets. It's a very good stopping place as there are a few hotels and restaurants in that area. (Hayes Place is the street). We also saw a Comfort Inn at that location that had a banner advertising it accepts pets as well. Both hotels are newer properties. I don't have a map available or remember the exit number. It's along alternate US264. Great breakfasts at Aunt Sarah's restaurant nearby.

Hope this helps!

Thanks very much everyone. We used to just drive straight through (18 hours) when the kids were little. Now my son is 6'2" and needs to stretch his legs, so thats why we thought we would stop over halfway. I have a conversion van that is really easy to drive and has the bed in the back and 4 captains chairs, so it makes for an easier trip. Just didnt want to end up in a really bad hotel at midnight. Thanks!

SamRoc said:
Thanks very much everyone. We used to just drive straight through (18 hours) when the kids were little. Now my son is 6'2" and needs to stretch his legs, so thats why we thought we would stop over halfway. I have a conversion van that is really easy to drive and has the bed in the back and 4 captains chairs, so it makes for an easier trip. Just didnt want to end up in a really bad hotel at midnight. Thanks!

sounds like your son is old enough to help with the driving.

he can stretch his legs at rest stops!

good luck.

all LaQuinta Inn accepts pets.
www.lq.com

come comfort inn, day inn, best western, holiday inn - also accept animals - a few marriott.

www.choicehotels.com

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/

www.bestwestern.com

for reviews go look on
www.tripadvisior.com

When I moved from PHL to Orlando in 2003, I had two cats traveling with us in the car - we stayed in Florence SC at a Super 8. It was clean and comfortable, and next to a Cracker Barrel which made it easy to grab dinner to go for our room. It was inexpensive as well - since we were only there to sleep and get back on the road. As I recall it was pretty easy to get too off of I-95.

I had flown RT from PHL to Orlando for settlement the previous day, so I knew there was NO WAY I could drive the whole way in one day!
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/hotels-motels/hotelinfo/60810.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!