Perks you would like to see as a Platinum member

Fare discounts, room upgrades and fare discounts!!!

This!!! I vote for this!!!

I am surprised DCL has not come up with a higher level CC, like I don't know, "Diamond", or "Titanium" or something. I know soooooooo many people that have been on more than 50 or 60 Disney cruises!! They must REALLY want more perks! Understandably so. :cutie: I do know this for sure, DCL keeps track of their "frequent fliers" and encourages their crew to recognize these folks each time they return.

I am surprised DCL has not come up with a higher level CC, like I don't know, "Diamond", or "Titanium" or something. I know soooooooo many people that have been on more than 50 or 60 Disney cruises!! They must REALLY want more perks! Understandably so. :cutie: I do know this for sure, DCL keeps track of their "frequent fliers" and encourages their crew to recognize these folks each time they return.

When we sailed The Dream in May, one of the poolside bar servers asked me "what do you think is the next level, Diamond?"
I asked him to tell me if he had this information and he just chuckled.

I don't think they feel the need to. They know their ships are going to sell so they don't need to try to hang on to loyal people. The Disney fanatics are going to sail one way or the other. I'd be happy if they would just put back the perks they have taken away.

I don't think they feel the need to. They know their ships are going to sell so they don't need to try to hang on to loyal people. The Disney fanatics are going to sail one way or the other. I'd be happy if they would just put back the perks they have taken away.

Really? I am quite happy with my free Palo meal, bottle of Prosecco and 10% discount at the stores.

Really? I am quite happy with my free Palo meal, bottle of Prosecco and 10% discount at the stores.

Ooooh, I didn't know about the Prosecco! :cutie: I always order a bottle of sparkling something for our stateroom on embarkation. Our upcoming September Fantasy sailing will be my very first Platinum cruise, so I'm excited!

All things considered, when one looks at other company's loyalty programs, whether hotel, frequent flier, or whathaveyou, I think DCl's perks are okay.

A new higher level tier please!

Gee, remember when the current Castaway Club was introduced in 2009 I believe and the nicer perks we had? Sure do miss the quite generous OBC that came with platinum.

Wifi package and laundry done for free one time. Those are what the upper level Carnival folks get and I am uber-jealous each time of those.
YES free wifi. I have a university on-line class during Alaska and don't even want to think about the wifi costs.

I just want to be acknowledged somehow. 20 equals Diamond. 50 equals Onyx.

Diamond get invited to a reception with the onyx plus free laundry.

Onyx get the reception, a brunch and free wifi.

New magnets for the above.

On a recent river cruise we had free wi-fi and free laundry.

The Castaway Cay reception we attended on the Wonder was a real yawner. They didn't even have Rice Krispy treats. Won't bother to go again. Contrast that with an RCCL reception -- they had such a variety of hot appetizers and yummy desserts we almost didn't have enough room for dinner. (I said almost.)

On a recent river cruise we had free wi-fi and free laundry.

The Castaway Cay reception we attended on the Wonder was a real yawner. They didn't even have Rice Krispy treats. Won't bother to go again. Contrast that with an RCCL reception -- they had such a variety of hot appetizers and yummy desserts we almost didn't have enough room for dinner. (I said almost.)
They got rid of reception. They only offer it on cruises over 10 nights.

See, I don't find that. I have 40 DCL cruises under my belt and I am treated no differently than any other guest (aside from the Platinum perks) which is fine. I have never had crew recognize that I have been on so many or say wow, you have been cruising with DCL since Day 1 and have 40 DCL cruises let me treat you special. Doesn't happen. I didn't even get the Platinum magnet that some Platinum cruisers got in the mail.

I would like to see another level like Titanium or Diamond and would love free internet or a photo package instead of a bottle of sparkling wine. Would also like to see some fare discounts or a comp port adventure or the like.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!