Perfume scent in Port Orleans Riverside rooms

cottontail

DIS Veteran
We have been to Port Orleans Riverside at least nine times. This trip we had connecting rooms with our scent sensitive daughter and both rooms were heavily scented, hers more than ours.
We inquired at guest relations if her carpet had been shampooed thinking that was the problem but they said no. Her room did have a VIP cleaning. I am wondering if there was some sort of air freshener hidden in the room somewhere or if housekeeping is spraying an air freshner after cleaning the rooms. Anyone who has stayed there have a problem with a perfume scent. We have never had rooms scented like this in the past.

We have been to Port Orleans Riverside at least nine times. This trip we had connecting rooms with our scent sensitive daughter and both rooms were heavily scented, hers more than ours.
We inquired at guest relations if her carpet had been shampooed thinking that was the problem but they said no. Her room did have a VIP cleaning. I am wondering if there was some sort of air freshener hidden in the room somewhere or if housekeeping is spraying an air freshner after cleaning the rooms. Anyone who has stayed there have a problem with a perfume scent. We have never had rooms scented like this in the past.

If her room received a VIP Cleaning, then the carpet was definitely shampooed.

Thats what I thought. When I had inquired about the VIP cleaning I asked how they deal with the carpet and was told they thought it would be steam cleaned. But it definetly smelled like a scented shampoo which stayed in the room the whole time we were there. That is probably why we have never had a room there that had so much smell in it.

We've never done VIP cleaning and with over 25 visits there, only once do I recall a strong "scent". And the carpet was fairly damp in a large area. Perhaps there was a spill and they cleaned that area? Makes sense to what you mentioned. Interesting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!