Perfect time to Arrive at your Cruise?

The buses are nearly alwys there before or at 1:30. Parrot Cay lunch is till 2:15 and Topsiders till 3:30 (at least those were the times for my last 7 day cruise in January).

But I also like to be on right away...am way to 'antsy' to sit around the hotel waiting for time on the ship!

Even if we are not trying to upgrade we like to get to port between 10am and 10:30. The time flys buy and it is always great to be one of the first people onboard and have the pools all to yourself and take pictures :goodvibes

Not to mention, they often bring characters out for a meet and greet while we are waiting. The kids love hanging around the port waiting to get onboard.

Before I officially answer the question, here's an explanation of my answer.
Once upon a time, you had to make your dinner ressies and what-not once you got onboard and not online (Oh the horror:scared1:). So because of that, I got in the habit of getting to the port around 9:45 to be one of the first to check through the security and check-in. Back then, it was a sort of first come-first served deals for getting in line to get on the ship. So if you got there early, you got to stand or sit in line first to get onboard. I still, to this day, get there around 9:45. Doesn't get me on any faster now, but I still enjoy getting there early.

Charlie

We like to get there between 1100-1130 we had number 13 too and boarded at 12:15 this time we are doing Disney transport.

is the earliest we can get out of bed and drive to the port. We live in Davenport, about 20 minutes west of WDW. It generally takes us just over an hour to arrive. In December, we made it a point to leave our house by 830am...we arrived around 9:45 after a few stops, and got the chance to really enjoy the terminal. Our daughter loved watching the Disney cartoons in the terminal, and seeing characters. It was the strangest thing to see the boarding doors closed. The doors generally open aroound noon...our goal is to get to the port as early as we can for our upcoming August 3rd cruise so we can relax and just enjoy the terminal before getting onboard. It's my first platinum level cruise, so eager to see what the concierge boarding perk is all about.

Yes it I believe it does open then. We also like to get there as soon as it opens- it gets us more excited plus we can be ready to board and start the cruise experience. :thumbsup2

When you get to the ship, do they have curb side check in for your luggage...

We are renting a car and would like to drop off the luggage and then go return the car so I don't have to drag around the luggage with me...

Is this possible?

When you get to the ship, do they have curb side check in for your luggage...

We are renting a car and would like to drop off the luggage and then go return the car so I don't have to drag around the luggage with me...

Is this possible?

Yes, they do. Also you and your son could go check in while DH returns the car. You will need his passport, but he needs to keep his driver's license to use as an ID to get in the terminal (as well as to drive!). Then when he joins you in the terminal he just needs to get his photo taken (they'll let him go to the front of the line to the CM who checked you in),

Yes, they do. Also you and your son could go check in while DH returns the car. You will need his passport, but he needs to keep his driver's license to use as an ID to get in the terminal (as well as to drive!). Then when he joins you in the terminal he just needs to get his photo taken (they'll let him go to the front of the line to the CM who checked you in),

photo taken? What is that - I don't recall the last two cruises a requirement to get a photo taken. Is this new?

Yep, they take your photo when you check in and when you KTTW card is scanned, your photo pops up on the screen!

Up until early this year (or maybe late last year) you had to go stand in a separate line for photos after checking in, but now the CMs have the equipment to do it right at the main desk. :thumbsup2

Yep, they take your photo when you check in and when you KTTW card is scanned, your photo pops up on the screen!

Up until early this year (or maybe late last year) you had to go stand in a separate line for photos after checking in, but now the CMs have the equipment to do it right at the main desk. :thumbsup2

When did that change? Our last cruise was NYE 2008/2009 (I know - to long ago)....:)

If my husband checks us in and I'm still behind getting into the terminal with kids in tow will that still work?

Thank you all so much. I started a great dialogue with such useful info! So, we are either doing rental car or town car to pier from BLT. Is 1.5 traveling time the right amount to allow to get there. So would a 9:30 departure work, if I want to get there about 11:00?

Do the characters always come out in the terminal? I was just wondering since it was meantioned in a lot of the post?

lovetotravel,

You may have some difficulty finding a car service that will pick you up early. I've called a number of them trying to get a 9:00 pickup and they are telling me that because they are picking people up from port and taking them to the airport, they won't do a pickup before 10 or 10:30. Still looking...

Sarabi's Cubs and lovetotravel,
We ended up comparing prices and renting a car was cheaper than getting a town car. And, we can pick it up at 8:00 am from WDW, stop for liquor/groceries/Target (WHATEVER!) and still have plenty of time. Don't forget that option.

Do the characters always come out in the terminal? I was just wondering since it was meantioned in a lot of the post?

We've seen them on all 4 of our cruises (3 Port Canaveral and one in Port of LA).

Thank you all so much. I started a great dialogue with such useful info! So, we are either doing rental car or town car to pier from BLT. Is 1.5 traveling time the right amount to allow to get there. So would a 9:30 departure work, if I want to get there about 11:00?

Yes, great questions. I think 1 1/2 hours is about the right time to allow. We've only done rental cars, so I can't help with the question about the town car. Rental cars are easy IMHO, but others prefer to let someone else do the driving. If you take the rental car, you can either drop someone off at the port first to get a boarding card number for you or you can go to the rental car place first. I prefer to drop off at the terminal to avoid toting our luggage on the rental car bus.

Don't worry about the rude comment from cruiselineent. I'm not sure why he/she felt a need to be so condescending and mean. IMHO, there are no dumb questions and there are always lots of people who are more than willing to help out. :thumbsup2

Since you've gotten over 2,000 hits, I would agree that your question is indeed a valid one! Here's a tip: It's never a good idea to drink and type:sad2:

Since you've gotten over 2,000 hits, I would agree that your question is indeed a valid one! Here's a tip: It's never a good idea to drink and type:sad2:

Or forget you meds. You know, 35 posts is an awful lot of typing! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter