Perfect time to Arrive at your Cruise?

lovetotravel07

Mouseketeer
I know this is another subjective question, but in your opinion what is the perfect time to arrive at the port for your Disney Cruise?

How much time to you allow from a Disney Resort, (BLT)?

I like to get to the terminal around noon. I'm not sure when we will get there on our upcoming cruise in April because I think we're going to take limo service this time (want to stop at a liquor store first) and the "kids" don't like to get up early since we're flying in the night before and staying at the Hyatt there that night.

It really depends on what you need/want to do at the terminal or as soon as you board the ship.

If you are happy with your cabin (not trying to upgrade at the port) and you have all the reservations you need at Palo, I think the ideal time to arrive is 12:30-1 pm. If you arrive then, you will check in (if not already done at the cruise desk at your resort) and walk right onto the ship. If you are trying to upgrade at the port or you need to make reservations that will require you to be on the ship ASAP, you'll want to arrive at the terminal in the 10:15-11 range.

It takes about an hour to 75 minutes from WDW to the terminal.

We like to leave our Disney resort around 9am to arrive at the port around 10:00am. If we are returning a rental car, we will leave about 8:30, arrive at the rental car counter around 9:30, then take the shuttle to the port. THe sooner we get to the port, the sooner our cruise vacation begins and we can get on the ship.

Tammy

Even if we are not trying to upgrade we like to get to port between 10am and 10:30. The time flys buy and it is always great to be one of the first people onboard and have the pools all to yourself and take pictures :goodvibes

We live 45 minutes away, and have found the 'perfect' timing for us is to leave the house at 11:30.

Arrive at the port...12:15

Get parked/checked in by 12:30 (the lobby is empty...almost literally)

Lunch from 12:30 to 1:30 and then the cabin is ready.

All the early birds are already on the ship, and we beat the resort buses. Works well for us. But I've never had to make any changes to a resevation or anything.

When does the Disney bus leave for the ship??:woohoo: We would leave from the POP.

Possibly 11;45-12;15 ish. May stop at other resorts too. You'll be at the terminal shortly after one, will check right in and probably will be able to drop you luggage in your stateroom (which is open to you at 1:30) then head upstairs and grab some lunch!

If it is your first cruise get there by 10:30 - 11am, we did.

We took in the terminal, took pictures and enjoyed the experience.

We got to meet some great people while waiting to board. We were on the ship by 12:30pm and we did not board right away.

Note- we were told to go to PC, but I told the CM that we wanted to be up on deck at TS with the kids and that was not a problem.

We had lunch, my boys went swimming (do not forget to pack the swim suits) and we explored Deck 9. Our floor was 8 and it was delayed a little be ready by about a half hour, but that was not a problem.

Enjoy!!:cloud9:

We are driving so we will be checking in as soon as they allow us too. IF you want to upgrade at the port which is something we might be interested I've read that you need to get there early.

Noon, only waited a few minutes.We had to be out of room and villa by ten so that is perfect time for us.

I like being there early if there is a big group of DISers to meet up with. It's so much fun to walk into the terminal and meet your newest BFFs! :grouphug: And even more fun to see the people you've cruised with before!

I've only ever gone early for the express purpose of trying for an upgrade on two occasions...one successful, one not.

Funny story...about six of us were in a mini van on our way to the terminal when we got a cell phone call from a friend who was there. Apparently the Walt Suite was open and she wanted us to all chip in and get it. While the concept was nice...giving up four full baths and four private sleeping areas to all be crammed into communal sleeping didn't appeal for a 7 day cruise. Now I just might have been up for that adventure on a shorter cruise, just for bragging rights! :)

Thanks for all the comments/advice. What's the earliest they allow boarding. Is it any quicker/easier if you have cruised on Disney before?

We had a limo take us to port and ate breakfast before we came at our resort. We got to port around 11AM and drew a number 13. It was fine with us though. There was no one in line at the Castaway Line and the character lines were smaller. By the time we got our pagers for the kids clubs it was time to line up to board. You can't get into your rooms until around 1:30pm so you can go eat at Parrot Cay or Topsiders(Beach Blanket Buffet)

Thanks for all the comments/advice. What's the earliest they allow boarding. Is it any quicker/easier if you have cruised on Disney before?

I believe they start boarding between 11:30 and noon.

The first boarding group is Concierge and Platinum CC members (more than 10 DCL cruises). After that, it's first come/first serve. Boarding goes quickly even if you're not in one of the first four or five boarding groups.

Unlike a PP, we wanted to eat at PC but were told to go to BBB (TS on Magic) as PC was full. We asked to wait and they let us. There was actually no wait - I think they were just anticipated more crowds at PC as the weather wasn't the best.

I like to get there early..There is something about the feeling when you are in the port. It is so exciting for me and my family..It does go by fast. We ate at Parrot Cay last cruise and plan on doing that again. Really liked to start our cruise there:)

EARLY!!!

Captain Mickey and Minnie came out for pics and that got us even more excited! Plus we also went ahead and lined up so the kids could get their CC braclets!

I know this is another subjective question, but in your opinion what is the perfect time to arrive at the port for your Disney Cruise?

How much time to you allow from a Disney Resort, (BLT)?

Port at 10:30-11... that gets you onboard at 12 for lunch... the kids can swim immediately, while you eat, get dining changes done, spa reservations, palo reservations, etc. The problem, coming from the resorts, is the resort buses get you to the port at 2... missing lunch... and rush, rush, rush. Bah, humbug!

Better trick, if you don't have a rental, and want to park at the port... is to use magical express to the airport.... then, get on the DCL bus at the airport, to the port... catch the 9:30, :45, or 10:00 bus... to make the port, per above.
Tell magical express that you have an 11:00 flight... they'll pick you up at 8, have you at the airport in time.... to do the above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!