Perfect Disney Meal?

WDWFANCBIIIME

DIS Veteran
I'm always trying to think of fun topics to post on the boards whether its best Disney Meal of 2013 or something else so I was thinking what is your Perfect Disney meal? If you could eat 1 meal with your favorite app, entree, dessert from different meals what would it be????

Mine would be.... (I know I'm cheating a little but...)

Soup: Portobello Soup - Artist Point
Sushi: Spicy Kazan Roll - California Grill
App: Wild Boar Tenderloin - Jiko
Entree: Ribeye with risotto and Truffle Butter - Le Cellier
Dessert: Banana Napoleon - Flying Fish Cafe

So what yours be???

Right this moment, off the top of my head...
Crab Cake from Flying Fish
Quattro Formaggi Pizza from Via Napoli
Dessert would be a sampler plate of Tiramisu from VN, Profiterole from Les Chefs and Berry Cobbler from Artist Point.

If we're going to cheat... ;)

Soup - Portobello Mushroom Soup - Artist Point
Salad - Cobb Salad - Hollywood Brown Derby
Sushi - Dragon Roll or most rolls - Kimonos
Appetizer - Teppan Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops - bluezoo
Entrée - Salmon w/ cheesy polenta (no longer available :() - HBD
Dessert - Original Berry Cobbler (that has since changed :() - Artist Point

IMO, a relaxed, quiet atmosphere makes any of the food at WDW much better.

But (sorry to start a sentence with but :blush:) really our most perfect Disney meal was the night we put a bottle of wine in to chill at our resort, then collected food from Epcot WS counter service locations. We carried it back to our room & turned on some music. That was a perfect evening.

French Onion Soup from Chefs de France
Salad and Dinner Rolls from Liberty Tree Tavern
Mashed Potatoes and BBQ maple-glazed filet that Le Cellier "used" to have
With a piece of Fried Fish from Rose & Crown
Duo desserts: Chocolate Wave from Coral Reef and 'Ohana's Bread Pudding

Okay, I'm full now.:goodvibes

I like this thread! :-)
Soup- The cream soup at Biergarten was very good (to be fair it was the ONLY soup I ate in the world last year)
Entree- That is a tough one...I am leaning toward O'hana on that one. Normally I would say Le Cellier Filet, but we didn't eat there last year.
Dessert-I loved the strawberry cupcake at BOG and the pistachio Creme Brulee at Tony's (the ONLY good thing about that meal).

Oh, there are so many yummy things to choose from...

Soup: Cheddar Cheese Soup with Pretzel Bread Sticks (Le Cellier)
Salad: Colony Salad (Liberty Tree Tavern)
Bread: Pineapple Bread ('Ohana)
Appetizer: Arancini (Via Napoli)
Entree: Whole Steamed Maine Lobster (Narcoossee's)
Non-Chocolate Dessert: Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni (Via Napoli)
Chocolate Dessert: Jaffa Dunbrody Kiss (Raglan Road)
Drink: Sunriser (Victoria Lounge, AKL)

You'll have to roll me out afterwards, but here's what I would choose:

Soup: Smokey Portobello Mushroom Soup - Artist Point
Salad: Colony Salad - Liberty Tree Tavern
Bread: Pretzel Sticks - Le Cellier
App: Scotch Egg - Rose & Crown
Entree: Filet and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes - Narcoossee's
Dessert: Almond Crusted Cheesecake - Narcoossee's

Here's mine:
Entree: Filet from CA Grill (the pre-renovated CA Grill)
Dessert: Zebra Domes from AKL

Thanks for all of the quick responses! I love all of the Portobello Soup's :)

I had forgotten about the bread option I guess the Pretzel Bread from Le Cellier or the Onion Bread from Yachtsman would be my choice :)

I like this thread! :-)

Thanks I thought it would be a fun to see what people said!

If we're going to cheat...

hahah its no fun if we don't cheat!

Entree: Filet and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes - Narcoossee's
Dessert: Almond Crusted Cheesecake - Narcoossee's

I love the Narcoossee's selections I've seen its your favorite... right now I'm debating between Yachtsman and Narccoossee's its going back and forth literally everyday lol ...

Bread: Onion pull apart rolls from Yachtsman
App: Bacon and onion flatbread from Chefs e France
Side: Lobster Mac and Cheese fromNarcossees
Entree: Steak and Lobster from Narcossees
Dessert: Selection of Sorbets from either Sannaa or Chefs de France

Right this moment, off the top of my head...
Crab Cake from Flying Fish
Quattro Formaggi Pizza from Via Napoli
Dessert would be a sampler plate of Tiramisu from VN, Profiterole from Les Chefs and Berry Cobbler from Artist Point.

Ooh, ooh, if we get soup & bread, I want the French Onion from Les Chefs with the baguette and butter that came with it when I had it!

tarheelmjfan, what has changed about the AP cobbler and when? I had it in Feb 2013 and thought it was great.

Fun idea...and I am making up my own category! (We don't usually eat sushi but rarely say no to mussels and I want to see what other mussel lovers think)

I may have to edit as my memory stinks, but....

Soup: Clam chowder at Bluezoo Just so, so good.
App: Boar tenderloin at Jiko
Bread: Bread service at Sanaa
Mussels: HBD lounge....these were incredible If you like mussels, it is must try! Ask for extra crostini!
Entree: Venison rack at LeCellier for dh, Braised bison at Sanaa for me
Dessert: Dessert sampler at Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar...maybe it was the champagne!

Soup: Butternut Squash @ Sanaa
App: Haricot Verts @ bluezoo
Sushi: Rainbow Roll @ Splitsville - amazingly fresh!
Bread: Bread service at Sanaa
Mussels: HBD lounge... Excellent!
Entree: Filet @ Jiko; Lamb Chops @ Turf Club
Dessert: Seasonal Creme Brûlée @ Jiko

I love the Narcoossee's selections I've seen its your favorite... right now I'm debating between Yachtsman and Narccoossee's its going back and forth literally everyday lol ...

The entree is actually the filet and lobster tail, but I have an allergy to lobster so I was able to sub the crab cakes.

We must have similar palates. Your rib eye and mushroom risotto entree is my favorite at Le Cellier and probably my second favorite DW entree. Like you, I ask for risotto instead of the potatoes. Everything else on your original perfect meal are dishes that I have also ordered and would do so again. :)

I'm always trying to think of fun topics to post on the boards whether its best Disney Meal of 2013 or something else so I was thinking what is your Perfect Disney meal? If you could eat 1 meal with your favorite app, entree, dessert from different meals what would it be????

Mine would be.... (I know I'm cheating a little but...)

App: Wild Boar Tenderloin - Jiko
Entree: Ribeye with risotto and Truffle Butter - Le Cellier
Dessert: Banana Napoleon - Flying Fish Cafe

So what yours be???

I absolutely love that Banana Napoleon! And 'Ohana's bread pudding - yum!

I still enjoy some of the old standbys:

Le Cellier cheese soup with pretzel bread
Breadsticks from Pizzafari.

Then there are the things that they don't have any more....

Jiko used to serve a Chermoula Chicken with olives and lemon in the tagine it was cooked in and would bring it to the table and remove the domed lid in front of you. I loved this chicken and went out and bought my own tagine to replicate it. On another later visit they did the chicken without the presentation and it was not the same - just lost its flavor. I also liked the filet with the mac and cheese.

California Grill once had a chicken and avocado flatbread that I loved. I liked their halibut also.

Artist Point - cedar planked salmon.

Other fast food - chicken on a skewer with peanut sauce from Animal Kingdom - gone also.

Grand Marnier slushies, yum! Wine by the glass in France

The entree is actually the filet and lobster tail, but I have an allergy to lobster so I was able to sub the crab cakes.

We must have similar palates. Your rib eye and mushroom risotto entree is my favorite at Le Cellier and probably my second favorite DW entree. Like you, I ask for risotto instead of the potatoes. Everything else on your original perfect meal are dishes that I have also ordered and would do so again. :)

Okay you've sold me I had been going back and forth and back and forth and you are the 2nd person who has said to me I think we have similar palates and I REALLY like Narcoossee's

Its been a while for me but I remember loving the atmosphere and liking service so I hope it can become one of my favorites right now I hit Jiko, Cali Grill and Flying Fish on every trip I hope Narcoossee's will make the list turn to 4 :thumbsup2
(on a side note I'm pretty sure my family is buying into DVC at the Grand I REALLY REALLY want to love Narcoossee's lol The Grand is Just so incredibly beautiful--- My father tells me I'm a snob I think I just have good taste :rotfl2: Mind you he only eats at Sigs when he goes to Disney... ;))

Ooh, ooh, if we get soup & bread, I want the French Onion from Les Chefs with the baguette and butter that came with it when I had it!

tarheelmjfan, what has changed about the AP cobbler and when? I had it in Feb 2013 and thought it was great.

Sorry, I'm going way back on the cobbler (many years). :blush: It was bigger & was generally better. I wish I could give more specific detail, but it's been a long time, since that version was served. The new one is good, but the old version was the best dessert on property, IMO.

ETA: I'm was born & raised in the south, so I've had more than my share of cobblers. When our server recommended the original cobbler at AP, I was hesitant to order it. After all, it was a fruit cobbler. Wow was she right. It was the best cobbler I've ever had. I started making a similar one myself. Unfortunately, mine are more like the current version. They're still good though.

App - Hmmm... I don't do appetizers, so I'd just go with a nice beverage to start things off... For me, a blood orange margarita from La Cava.

Entree - Mushroom Filet from Le Cellier

Dessert - Zebra Domes from Boma

Then maybe another margarita just for good measure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter