Percentage of prime seats for Illuminations at San Angel?

rutgers1

DIS Veteran
I just booked an 8:30 reservation at Hacienda de San Angel. From what I remember reading here in the past, that is a good time to be there for Illuminations.

I also remember reading, though, that not every seat has a good view. Are we talking some seats have NO view, or just that some are better than others?

Any tips for getting a good spot, or is it complete luck?

Thanks!

They don't accept table requests,BUT it doesn't hurt to mention it anyway when checking in.:)

It probably won't help,but you never know-I would mention it in passing and be VERY friendly to all CMs.:)

There are only a very few tables RIGHT along the huge windows looking out over World Showcase Lagoon.These tables are awesome-I was seated at one my only time to dine at Hacienda.:)

There are then tables on other "tiers" that have limited views and there are then several tables in another area with no view at all.:)

Some Guests leave their tables and try to move closer to the windows when IllumiNations begins,but it looked "uncomfortable" to me to do that.:)

Bottom line-don't go in "counting" on an excellent view,because it very well may not happen.:)

It's totally luck and praying that all the people who already have window tables just might possibly lose their minds and leave before Illuminations start. Many people will snag a 7:30 ADR and plant themselves till after the show.

As for the percentages of seats that would have a view of Illuminations. This is just a conservative guess, but I think maybe 20% of the tables would have a decent view. We've never gotten one. We eat before and then find a place to watch outside.

My current reservation is 8:30. Do you think I might be better off trying for 8PM since by 8:30 anyone with a good spot will probably be holding onto it until showtime?

My current reservation is 8:30. Do you think I might be better off trying for 8PM since by 8:30 anyone with a good spot will probably be holding onto it until showtime?

1) Yes.
2) If I were a betting man (and I am), I'd put your current odds at less than 10%.
3) Your odds go up significantly as you get closer to 7:00pm or 7:30pm.

Id go for 7:30, and then if you dont get a great view, you could still be done eating by 9, and leave to go watch outside. If you get a good table, take your time and enjoy the show. If you go at 8:30, very slim chance you will get a good table, and impossible you will be done eating to leave by 9, therefore no chance of seeing the show at all...

I also remember reading, though, that not every seat has a good view. Are we talking some seats have NO view, or just that some are better than others?

As others have posted, the number of seats with a good view of IllumiNations is very limited. Yes, there are tables with no view at all. When you request an table, be sure to ask (very politely) for a table with a view a IllumiNations. There are several window tables that have no view (they face away from the center of the lagoon).

If you have time, I'd drop by La Hacienda during the day when it's open as an overflow seating area for the Cantina and scope out the view. You'll get a pretty good idea which tables have a good/decent view and how many tables have a limited/no view.

If you have time, I'd drop by La Hacienda during the day when it's open as an overflow seating area for the Cantina and scope out the view. You'll get a pretty good idea which tables have a good/decent view and how many tables have a limited/no view.

Only "one of us" would scope out the place earlier in the day, lol. You can be sure that I'll be doing that!

This is just our families opinion, but the bottom line(and adding it all the effort to try and sang a table with a view), The best places to see Illuminations is outside anywhere around the lagoon.

AKK

At 8 or 8:30, I think there is a better chance of you not even being seated until after Illuminations, than being seated at a window table with a good view. As others have said, those with good views are highly unlikely to leave them until after.
I would try for a 7:30 reservations, still not counting on a good view. We had a 7:30 ADR and we were seated in the side room with no view.
You certainly can ask when you check in, but everyone else does as well:rotfl:
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts