Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by S.Poppins, Dec 26, 2006.
The Pepper Market looks good and different. Is it worth a drive to CSR just for lunch?
if you are nearby ( ie mgm) or want to see the resort( nice resort to see
) yes...imo the food is fine but not spectacular so if not i probably wouldn't make the trip...we went for dinner and it was uncomfortably packed but lunch might be better
It's worth the stop if you go at an off hour. The dining room is small and does not accomodate too many people. We've eaten there around 11 and had no problems. Enjoyed the food. It has a great selection of food.
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
DW and I like the pepper market alot. It is mostly self serve. However, the waitress will bring you drinks and refills and clear any plates you have and bring you utensils, etc. etc. They charge you a 10% service charge on your bill, of which the waitress gets 40%. I don't know who gets the other 60%, but I kinda thought it was lousy our waitress was only getting 80 cents after we ate lunch there, especially since she was so nice.
Although the Pepper Market gets some good reviews here, my experience with it while I was at the Coronado for a convention this summer was not so good. Some meals were decent, but there was a fairly high incidence of food that was just old--chicken with refrigerator taste, biscuits that bordered on stale, raw vegetables that had fermented. By the end of the week, we had a whole convention full of people talking about how bad Disney food was. What we experienced that week may have been an aberration--like I said, the Pepper Market tends to get good reviews--but I certainly would think twice about eating there again.
I ate here eveyday when we were staying at CSR 2 weeks ago. I thought it was the most amazing food court that I had ever eaten at any of the WDW Resorts. I had no complaints at all about the PM.
Good thing it is not "Disney" food... ... Pepper Market and Maya Grill, as well as the bar, are owned by a "Participant Company" that operates on Disney property... I know this is not something that as a guest you would know, but it is like the restaurants in Epcot, Disney does not own or operate them. Doesn't change that your experience was bad, that still stinks cause the Pepper Market is usually very good. Just wanted to point that out...
Anyway, hubby and I love the Pepper Market. We really enjoy the options that are available and have always had good experiences there. I personally LOVE the Bourbon Chicken with Rice... Yummy!
Last trip, we stayed at ASMu and literally drove past CSR just about anytime we left the hotel so it was so easy to stop by for a meal. We had a lunch there and it was decent - much better than the food court at ASMu and a better value. The family also went there for breakfast one morning though I slept in
It has a good variety for a counter service. If in the area, and wanting a change, it's a decent choice.
We drove over there for lunch on the day we checked out of our resort to head for home. It was very well worth the trip ... delicious food, and the best use of a CS credit on property.
I will post a couple pics I found on the web.
FYI--I LOVE the Pepper Market~
Thank you for the great opinions and pics. How far is it from POP? We might try it.
Separate names with a comma.