People your parents loved

All the people my parents admired were either religious figures or politicians, so I won't post those. As far as the people they truly loved, I would say mostly their extended family & a few close friends.

To follow the theme of this thread, my FIL loved Elvis. They were friends in the Army. We have several pictures of the two of them together.

Last edited:
not 'loved' but spoke highly of-

mom-irene dunne was her favorite actress.

dad-carole lombard, but not for her acting-for being a 'class act'. dad was a golf caddie in southern california during hollywood's golden age and said some of the biggest stars were the the rudest people to deal with and the worst tippers if they tipped at all (and the caddies for the most part lived off their tips). carole lombard on the other hand was always genuinely kind, friendly, appreciative and extremely generous.

My Dad was a huge Willie Nelson fan, which was odd because my Dad was an upwardly mobile yuppie type and not known for being a lover of any music, much less someone like Willie Nelson.

My Mom:
Winston Churchill
Jackie Gleason
The English Monarch
Beethoven

My Dad:
Jackie Gleason
Mister Ed
Yosemite Sam
Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass

King Richard Petty. My Mom grew up around Charlotte so he really was a king around our household.
Kitty Wells, Jim Reeves, Marty Robbins
My Dad wasn't a political kind of guy but he loved Barbara Jordan. It was a pretty big deal for him, in the 70's, to say that he would vote for her if she ran for the Presidency!
And the ultimate love of their lives.....The Houston Oilers! To this day my Mom sings the "Love Ya Blue" song. And, good gravy, if anyone mentions Warren Moon she goes gaga!

My mom was much more into celebrities than dad. He still doesn’t really care. He likes John Wayne and old country music.

Mom, however, definitely had her favorites. She loved Natalie Wood, Debbie Reynolds, Regis and Kathie Lee, Sally Field, Burt Reynolds, and Tom Selleck (because he looked like Dad).

Mom - Ronna Barret - She had all these Hollywood Gossip Magazines

Dad - Fats Domino

My mother was a huge Elvis fan and loved him so much.

My Dad was a huge Jerry West fan and also liked Flip Wilson and Redd Foxx. His favorite TV shows were the Flip Wilson variety show and Sanford and Son.

Mom loved Elvis , Tom Jones and Englebert Humperdink
Dad I have no idea as they were divorced when I was young

My mom, Queen Elizabeth.
I don't remember my dad ever saying anything about any celebrity or public figure he particularly favored.

Neither was particular fond of the Kennedy family, that I do remember.

My dad: Johnny Cash, Roy Clark and Donna Summer.

My Mom: She had a personality disorder, so mostly herself. But she had a thing for an MTV vj, Adam Curry and singer Kip Winger lol

Well this makes me feel old as I also had a thing for Kip Winger ;) Adam Curry was just ok, but not my type.

I remember going to the theater to see Gone with the Wind when I was about 17, with my mom who would have been about 50. When Clark Cable (Rhett Butler) walked down the stairs at the beginning, my mom swooned. I thought this was so funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter