Pennywise

Drasticq

Mouseketeer
Scary as heck for sure, but which creep was the more unnerving?

Old Pennywise or new Pennywise? I'm talking about the clown from the films "It".

Photos NOT included!

Old Pennywise. I haven't seen either movie, but just the pics and clips I have seen of Tim Curry gave me nightmares for YEARS! And Bill Skarsgard is cute, so he isn't so creepy to me!!! :lmao:

Tim Curry's Pennywise gave me nightmares for years. Seriously, the first half of the IT tv movie is still one of the scariest things I've ever seen. Right up there with The Exorcist, the original Nightmare on Elm Street and Jaws.

The new Pennywise is sure creepy, but Tim wins.

I have a huge soft spot in my heart for Tim Curry and will always love his Pennywise, but the new one was definitely terrifying!

The scene where the kids watch the old film reel was WAY scarier in the original than in the new one.

I’ve never seen the older movie. I put it on my library list. Hoping to get it to watch on Halloween night.

Both pretty creepy, in my opinion!

I've seen the old movie and the first one of the newer set - but neither recently, and I am not googling the pics at night to make a decision between the two. 🙀

I’ve never seen the original but I found the new ones to be funny. Obviously I have issues since both my husband and sons were freaked out. I’ll have to watch the original sometime and see how it is.

I’ve never seen the original but I found the new ones to be funny. Obviously I have issues since both my husband and sons were freaked out. I’ll have to watch the original sometime and see how it is.

I can't say I found them funny, but I definitely didn't find them scary.
The original is kind of corny IMO, and the re-make is just OK.
As far as visually though, BS's Pennywise is much scarier looking than TC's.

The original scared the beejezus out of me. So much so that I threw out the book (which I had read first) after I saw it. I couldn’t even see pictures without being freaked out. Then, about four years ago it was on tv so I watched it again, in the daytime, and with people around. It was much better the second time around. It was still creepy, but bordered on campy.

The new iteration creeps me out in a different way. I saw the first one and am waiting to see the second one when it comes out on PPV. It’s not a theatre movie for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter