Pelican Plunge?

ashman

DIS Veteran
I got a newsletter from DCL that said they are opening up a new waterslide area at Castaway Cay called Pelican Plunge. Has anyone been to it or seen it? If so do you have pics you can post?

It's been opened since the summer. Here's a picture from our Double Dip cruise on the Wonder in June.

IMG_0350.jpg

If you search the forums, you should find more photos. I think someone even posted a video (but i'm not sure on that).

great pic! thanks for posting. do you know what the limits are for it? like age or weight? i was a little disappointed i was too old for the mickey slide on the boat (really, i was).

great pic! thanks for posting. do you know what the limits are for it? like age or weight? i was a little disappointed i was too old for the mickey slide on the boat (really, i was).

My oldest daughter is too tall :( she will still be young enough for the first two days of the cruise, but she can't hide being 5'6". She is disappointed, but thankful that she was able to do it when she was smaller.

My oldest daughter is too tall :( she will still be young enough for the first two days of the cruise, but she can't hide being 5'6". She is disappointed, but thankful that she was able to do it when she was smaller.
Is that for the Mickey slide or Pelican Plunge?

As for age and weight limits...not sure. But DH (40 yrs old) and DD (7 yrs old) both went down the slides and LOVED it! The enclosed slide shoots you out like a cannon! Best to hold your nose at the end. The open slide is much more tame.

Our 24 year old daughter who's 5'8 when down the slide, along with a friend of ours who is in his 50's and taller than that. They each went down a different slide at Pelican Plunge.

I was surprised at how far out the slides are. We went last month. The water gets deep pretty fast and Im a good swimmer, but chose to wear the life vest jic.

You swim out in 12 ft or deeper water to the slide and then you swim back to shore to swim out again.

We were all 4 Adults that went and we were 1 and done! Great slide, but a little too much work:goodvibes

I did the open slide:thumbsup2

I'm sure this will be the last cruise our DD will be able to use the Mickey Slide. She's 11 and is 5'3" and since the tallest is 5'4", don't think she'll be able to ride it up until the max age of 14 (unless she just stops growing!). She better do it while she can!

As far as the Pelican Plunge, I'm so hoping the water will be warm enough in Jan. Might just have to bear the cold water anyway :goodvibes DH, DD and I are all looking forward to it!

It's open to anybody who wants to go down it. I went down it a couple weeks ago. Just make sure to hold your nose....lol

Here's couple pics for you.

DCLCruise2010-0308_edited-2.jpg

DCLCruise2010-0306_edited-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter