Peeps, restrooms & drunks. A hot, sweaty Asian TR-Pt.2 1/21-Under the sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that you were posting on my report the same time that I was posting on yours! :rotfl2:

Jordan, I remember back when you first started your PTR.... how you always hoped that planning your trip (and eventually going back to WDW) would be much-needed therapy for all the stressfull things that had been happening in your life at that time.

There is such joy in your report and so much love in your family... I know that your hopes for the trip came true. :grouphug:

Now... on to the next PTR!!!!

Kathy

I know what you mean about my PTR.....where I was in my life...I'm hoping to reflect on the whole trip in my wrap up....I guess it'll be in part 3.....

Okay, everybody.
5 pages to say something and say goodbye.
250 pages.

I'm hoping to get to one more update in before hitting 250 and then I'll start on the final leg...it should really only be maybe 5-10 more updates for part 3.

I can't believe you're going to China! I think that is so exciting! I'm sure I'll be thinking of you while I'm touring the china pavilion..........you'll be in the real place!pixiedust:

We can compare pictures....

5 pages left... I wonder if we'll make it...

I love the way you describe arriving at WDW, just as everyone else who has posted has said. I've been once and it was the most elating thing just stepping off the plane and feeling the humidity and making my way through the airport, watching all of the tired little kids who wanted to be excited but were too exhausted, knowing that in just a few short hours, I would be at the Happiest Place on Earth. And as soon as I saw the Walt Disney World welcome sign, I knew this was a wonderful new place. And just being in the crush of people waiting for the parks to open, I felt so elated. It's odd how some people seem to feel it, and how others just don't. How dull their lives must be... (Oh, and I loved that article Kathy. :upsidedow )

Wow. China. That's just...absolutely amazing. It's been a dream of mine to be able to go their for quite a while. The Olympics only heightened that desire. :) One day... How long are you going to be gone? You probably posted that somewhere earlier but I haven't sifted through the dozens of pages that pop up over night.

Oh, and it seems I might be around your neck of the woods in a little under 2 months to go to Disneyland! Whoot! I figure it's one of the happiest places to celebrate a birthday. ;)

In case I'm not around again in the next week, happy traveling Jordan!

PM when you're here.....

I'm leaving in 6 days......:)

I love your description.......

Great entry, Jordon.
I think you hit the nail right on the head, the way you described "that feeling". It's exactly how I feel, how we all feel. It's a feeling like no other.
Have a great time in China. Oh and your next trip to WDW, make ressies at Boma. It's awesome!

I plan to hit at least one or two new restaurants.....

First. Great report Jordan!! I just loved it!!

Yes, I get to meet Blue eyed Girl, Winkers, Wirki & Sarilas. We are all pumped!

Hlrababy was supposed to be there too, but canceled her trip. :sad1:

That's so cool.....what happened with Hlrababy?

Great report, Jordan. Wishing you a safe trip to China - and back home.:flower3:

Thanks..!!!!!:thumbsup2

I will have a good time in China!!!!!

Nice farewell pics! I'm sorry the gang is gone, cuz your TR is getting close to the end - of course, not that I wanted to remind you, but it is almost a year since your trip! :rotfl2: Please come by and post a couple of China pics when you get back!

I can't believe it's been a year. Posting these last few days up on the DIS has brought up all sorts of feelings.....

I will post pix....

And this is why I am a member of the DIS! Because you all "get it" when nobody around me understands the "IT" I`ve met alot of great friends here, some I have met. :goodvibes a lot whom I hope to meet, and still mean the world to me like I`ve known you all forever...Thanks Jordan! :hug:
have a great and safe trip to China! ::yes::

ED!!!! I feel exactly the same way....

great update and pics.

I get the way you described but for me it is also that I can go there and be fat and people don't snicker at me. :thumbsup2

You are so right about that Scott!! I don't worry about my weight when I am there, it is great :rotfl2:.

I love you both for who you are...not how you look.....

this will change when you visit me in 2010 at FW

I hope I go in June...because of weather it might be Feb. Because Erin will be in school, it might be June...it's a 50/50 shot right now

:cool1: PARRRTAAAYYY!!!!:cool1:

I'm looking forward to next year for sure, but I'm really looking forward to my 50th. I've never really had a big birthday party before....

I think she's got 2 other WDW trips scheduled for later in the year. Bummer that we won't get to meet her in Februrary but still cool that she has other trips planned. :thumbsup2

Bummer. At least she's got more planned..

Where else do you have in mind?

Well it's either Boma or Tusker House as I heard they are similar.

Then probably Ohana and/or Kona Cafe.

Then probably a character meal (I don't do character meals generally speaking).

Chapter 88. Monday, February 11th. Day 12. Part 4. Under the Sea

Kim and I were bummed that the "O" family had left, but we had one more table service meal together and then Kim had to head to the airport for her trip back to Cali.

We made the famous stop at Club Cool:
wdwfeb2008661.jpg

Kim enjoying the beverages:
wdwfeb2008662.jpg

Kim and Beverly not having a great first meeting:
wdwfeb2008665.jpg

Kim did a little shopping. I did a little bench sitting/floor sitting. This is one of my favorite spots to take a breather when it's really hot. It's never got a ton of people going through it....
wdwfeb2008666.jpg

wdwfeb2008663.jpg

Then it was off to the Coral Reef Restaurant:
wdwfeb2008668.jpg

Inside:
wdwfeb2008669.jpg

Drinks...mine is the purple one called Octopus Juice. It was good..and I usually like drinks with fruit as a garnish:
wdwfeb2008671.jpg

Here's Kim:
wdwfeb2008672.jpg

Here's me enjoying my drink:
wdwfeb2008673.jpg

Here's me checking out someone else's "food":
wdwfeb2008674.jpg

My Dinner which was awesome. Not one piece of fat....
wdwfeb2008678.jpg

My after dinner alcoholic coffee...
wdwfeb2008679.jpg

After lunch Kim wanted to do a little shopping. I happily oblige as Mouse Gear is one of my favorite shops in all of WDW.
wdwfeb2008680.jpg

Kim is happy that she found something:
wdwfeb2008681.jpg

and sad she's leaving soon:
wdwfeb2008682.jpg

Kim wanted to go to the France Pavilion to get some snacks for her trip to the airport. I think we were still at about 18 snack credits.....:scared:

We stopped and took a few pix on the way:
wdwfeb2008683.jpg

wdwfeb2008684.jpg

wdwfeb2008685.jpg

While Kim got her snacks, I found a bench what else?

Picture of said bench:
wdwfeb2008677.jpg

Picture of me on said bench:
wdwfeb2008676.jpg

view from said bench:
wdwfeb2008687.jpg

Kim came out with some treats and then I walked her over to the International Gateway and we said our goodbyes:
wdwfeb2008688.jpg

Bye Kim....
wdwfeb2008689.jpg

And then there was one.

I was happy to be alone, but sad that I was alone.

Well it's either Boma or Tusker House as I heard they are similar.

Then probably Ohana and/or Kona Cafe.

Then probably a character meal (I don't do character meals generally speaking).

Jordan, I have not had dinner at O'hana, only breakfast and it's one of my fav. character breakfast. I am having dinner there in June and I can't wait.

I have heard Tusker House and Boma were similar too. I want to try lunch at TH, I have only had breakfast there.

I have had breakfast and dinner at Boma, loved both, but dinner is my favorite. I think Boma is probably one of my absolute fav. restaurants at WDW.

Kona, I have had breakfast, but not dinner. I want to eat there for dinner one trip as well.

I had that meal at Coral Reef. It was Awesome! And those cheesy potatoes were soo good! Though I went against a lot of disers and did not like the chocolate wave...too dry for me.

I hope I go in June...because of weather it might be Feb. Because Erin will be in school, it might be June...it's a 50/50 shot right now
good point, but it is not really that bad in june, not as hot as july and august and september, annnnddddddddddddddddd jordan, both of the water parks are open so you can go to blizzard beach again, anndddddddddddddd, we will have 10 water park days on our passes, so maybe we could meet up at blizzard beach and you can go on the family raft ride with me and candi, and i can race you down the tabogan slides, you can even ride the chair lift with us and i will let candi sit next to you.
:thumbsup2

As I ready myself for my trip to China, I look back on this trip and I miss sooo much about WDW. Someone asked me on Friday how I can go on to WDW over and over again. For me...it's about getting off the plane and immediately feeling that humid air walking down the jetway. It's about walking through that airport. It's about getting to that WDW resort and walking in those doors and being hit with that feeling...you know it. If you close your eyes...you can feel it too. I'd go back for that first initial feeling alone......

Jordan and I were discussing this this morning and what the feeling is like... it's like going home for Christmas... it gives that familiar feeling of comfort... seeing your old room... where you grew up... bringing back all those memories of "back in the day when things were simpler"... you know what I mean.

People don't understand why we enjoy going back year after year (and it doesn't have to be WDW, like DH likes to go back to our timeshare in Maui year after year probably for the same reason)... you don't have to think so hard about what to do, where to go, where things are, etc. You can go and immediately be "on vacation" without having to orient yourself and figure out where things are and all that.

Not that it's not fun to go to new places, but sometimes it's a lot of work to situate yourself to a new environment, rather than the feeling of "coming home" to familiar surroundings...

Ahhhhh. I can't wait to go back.

Mmm, your dinner at Coral Reef looked great-that's exactly what I had there. I thought their strip steak was better than Le Cellier's.
It does feel really weird to be sad for somebody to be leaving, but still have things to look forward to. I'm an only child, and I still like to be alone sometimes. Dh can't understand why I don't always want to go to the pool with them.....hello, mommy time!

:rotfl2: Great pictures of Kim's final hour or 2.
OCTOPUS JUICE!!!! YUMMERS!!! :goodvibes
I LOVE Mouse Gears!! I could go broke there. :thumbsup2

Jordan and I were discussing this this morning and what the feeling is like... it's like going home for Christmas... it gives that familiar feeling of comfort... seeing your old room... where you grew up... bringing back all those memories of "back in the day when things were simpler"... you know what I mean.

People don't understand why we enjoy going back year after year (and it doesn't have to be WDW, like DH likes to go back to our timeshare in Maui year after year probably for the same reason)... you don't have to think so hard about what to do, where to go, where things are, etc. You can go and immediately be "on vacation" without having to orient yourself and figure out where things are and all that.

Not that it's not fun to go to new places, but sometimes it's a lot of work to situate yourself to a new environment, rather than the feeling of "coming home" to familiar surroundings...

Ahhhhh. I can't wait to go back.

EXACTLY!!!!! ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Bye Kim....
wdwfeb2008689.jpg

And then there was one.

Awwwww. :sad1:

So glad you went to Coral Reef... its beautiful, isnt it? But for some reason, pictures just never seem to do it justice. When you are physically there, you really do get the feeling that you're "under the sea!"

Ah, Jordan. Parting is such sweet sorrow.....

Kathy

I love all the benches and views from "said" benches.:thumbsup2
I'm not sure how I'd do there alone. I like to be alone for about an hour and then I want someone to talk to............I know, me a talker? who would have guessed?:rotfl:

Aw, Bye Kim! Have you spoken to her since she moved to Jersey?? I wonder how she's doing with her first east coast winter!

How was the Coral Reef as a whole - food and service? I always wanted to try it since it's one of those quintessential Disney restaurants, its the one they all go to on the old TGIF "We're Going to Disney World!" specials :laughing: It's the one restaurant I've heard the most mixed reviews of though, so I'm not sure what to do! Any advice is appreciated!

3 pages left, time to finish this puppy up! I'm one to talk tho...but I akm almost done with mine too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter